cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using iPhone on non iPhone tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I've searched forum already but would appreciate if someone gave me clear answer please. I got 2 pay monthly contracts, first is iPhone 6 with iPhone tariff, second Xperia z3 with non iPhone tariff. If I was to use another iPhone 6 on my non iPhone tariff would that still work ok? I understand I would have to change all settings to connect to Internet on iPhone but I was reading about not being able to.use some services?

Thank you for answering, Greg.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Data will work whether idata or standard data but you need to change APNs if you are on the wrong data bolt on. It's not a tariff change, merely a change of bolt on and the cost remains the same. However, on standard data you cannot access video voice mail. Change to idata by calling customer service. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yes, you can.
All you need to do is ask CS to put the account onto iData (which takes 24 hours to change over) and all iPhone services will then work OK too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12042 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions

From memory of what some more knowledgeable members have told others, the iPhones have a slightly different set up on the o2 network - namely they have an iData bolt on that other phones don't need.
I believe this will affect your ability to access the web and/or other data services (such as MMS).

Edit - see ^^^

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 7

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Web broswing now works on iPhones with non-iData tariffs, but as you folks have mentioned it would be best to get LiveChat/CS to transfer iPhone accounts to the iData tariff for full compatability with visual voicemal etc.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
But is it changing to idata just changing tariff completely? Or wud tariff be still sorta non iPhone one just with different bolt on???
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Data will work whether idata or standard data but you need to change APNs if you are on the wrong data bolt on. It's not a tariff change, merely a change of bolt on and the cost remains the same. However, on standard data you cannot access video voice mail. Change to idata by calling customer service. 

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Uh I believe this is the answer I was looking for. Thanks jonsie! And everyone else of course
Message 7 of 7