cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking iphone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am leaving 02 and requested a cancellation from 02 and a pac code so my daughter could keep her old number which they promptly gave so no problem there. The new contract with vodafone included an iphone 6 as part of the deal and so when it arrived my daughter put her iphone 5c sim card (the one with o2) into her new phone so she could still text etc until i got round to activating the new vodafone sim card thinking it would not be a problem so she could look at its features etc.  However, now that im ready to activate the vodafone sim it wont let me do it, as when we put the vodafone sim in the iphone 6 it says sim invalid and wont accept this carrier. What do i need to do? phone 02 or vodafone? Any help much appreciated. Thankyou  

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou for your prompt reply! This seems to be the way to solve it, Thankyou

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad we could assist, do let us know how you get on
Message 12 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I can see you may have problems with this due to O2 not supplying the phone. You need to insist that the phone is fully paid for and explain how it was locked accidentally. A phone call may be needed.

Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
iPhone 6 restrictions have been lifted now so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.
Customers struggled with this when O2 weren't unlocking iPhones unless fully paid for on refresh contracts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 16

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Sadly yes phones bought from CPW do lock to the first sim unless bought sim free i think. However since this was bought from CPW for a non O2 network will they still unlock it? I thought it had to be on a pay monthly contract? 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 15 of 16

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 will unlock pay and go iPhones but if it's been locked to another network then only that network can unlock it.

Message 16 of 16