cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking iphone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am leaving 02 and requested a cancellation from 02 and a pac code so my daughter could keep her old number which they promptly gave so no problem there. The new contract with vodafone included an iphone 6 as part of the deal and so when it arrived my daughter put her iphone 5c sim card (the one with o2) into her new phone so she could still text etc until i got round to activating the new vodafone sim card thinking it would not be a problem so she could look at its features etc.  However, now that im ready to activate the vodafone sim it wont let me do it, as when we put the vodafone sim in the iphone 6 it says sim invalid and wont accept this carrier. What do i need to do? phone 02 or vodafone? Any help much appreciated. Thankyou  

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Sadly I think the mistake was made when your daughter put her O2 sim into the phone. It would have locked to O2 again.

It looks as if you need to go throught the process again...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Sadly I think the mistake was made when your daughter put her O2 sim into the phone. It would have locked to O2 again.

It looks as if you need to go throught the process again...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

I don't want to be a harbinger of doom, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's a new iPhone and it has locked to the first sim inserted, won't they now have to wait six months to get it unlocked?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm thinking the same as you @Bambino I'm assuming this was a CPW issued iPhone 6 then
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no!... if i went into an 02 shop would they be able to unlock it for me or do i have to do the online form?

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
You would have to do the online form as the shop wouldn't be able to do it
Message 6 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Where did you get the phone from?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Car phone warehouse. The deal was very good and i can see now that the mistake was my daughter putting in her existing 02 sim card in whilst i got round to activating the new one. Lesson learnt! Ill fill in the online form to 02 and she will just have to go without a phone for 72 hours (hopefully not 6 months!) Thankyou everyone for your advice.

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's locked to O2 as that was the first sim inserted.
See my guide here for unlocking http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

That's what I thought Rich...and hoped I had posted your guide wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 16