cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlock the phone for a different network...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I upgraded my iphone from a 5s to a 6plus in February, keeping my telephone number.  I recently gave my iphone 5s to a friend, who is not on 02 network and on putting in her sim card, it says "the simcard currently installed in this iphone is from a carrier not supported under the activation policy currently assigned by the activation carrier...."  What do we need to do to unlock the iphone 5s so she can use it with her carrier (talk talk I think).  I have the IMEI number but not the PUK for the iphone.    thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Use the phone number and tariff details that you used the phone on O2 and if it's still on the system it will be free.
Otherwise you will need to use a PAYG sim and use the phone on O2 again to relatch it on the system then put £15 on to pay for the unlock.
However, you could always use your sim now to avoid that additional cost.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4