cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring my phone number how long does it take?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I done around 11am i was told 3-4 hours but still nothing I bought a new phone to use not carry my old one around while I wait.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Have you rebooted new phone?
Has old phone stopped working yet?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Both phones stopped receiving services turned them off and on and service started again and the number is still active on the old one/
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
OK, so no service on new sim at all....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

there is service but not for the number i want to transfer thats still on the old sim.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Have you tried calling the number you want as the number displayed in the iPhones settings won't change automatically - You have to do it manually in Settings >Mobile >My Number

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6