O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
deejaygus

track a stolen phone

can anyone help me.
my phone has been stolen, i have reported it to 02. 02 know when and where it was last used but wont tell me. anyone know a way round this??
police are no help at all.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
fandyboy

Re: track a stolen phone

can anyone help me.
my phone has been stolen, i have reported it to 02. 02 know when and where it was last used but wont tell me. anyone know a way round this??
police are no help at all.

Unless you turned on mobileme tracking on the phone you're out of luck. Change all your passwords for email/facebook etc accounts that were on the phone, were you insured?
Please use plain text.
deejaygus

track a stolen phone

02 know where it was turned on, but won't tell me due to data protection.

unfortunatley my phone wasn't insured. just had it 2 days, typical of my bad luck.
Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
noddy6611

track a stolen phone

Wasn't there something on the 3GS that allowed you to wipe the phone remotely?
iPhone 4S 64Gb
iPhone 3GS 32Gb unlocked
iPad 2 16Gb
Please use plain text.
Level 5: Ponderer
mitchja

track a stolen phone

Remote wipe/remote tracking/remote lock/remote message send is available on any iPhone, but you do need a MobileMe account for it all to work.
Please use plain text.
Duke

unfortunatley my phone wasn't insured. just had it 2 days, typical of my bad luck.

data protection? it is your name on the contract isnt it? thats a whole load of nonsense and you should tell them so
Please use plain text.
MaFt

tell them that under the data protection act they MUST, at your request, give you a copy of any information held about you. although they CAN make a reasonable charge for this. then ask them why they failed to explain the process of retrieving this information by telling you to go here: http://www.o2.co.uk/subjectaccess and filling out the form.

whatever their excuses threaten to report them to the telecom ombudsman and also the information commissioners office (www.ico.gov.uk). it might speed things up a little.

MaFt
Please use plain text.
one_sixty_iq

track a stolen phone

Sorry to hear about the loss of your phone but once again it comes down to stupid policies. There's a fantastic app designed for iPhone (not mobileme) that gives you the whereabouts of your phone, auto wipes and locks it after three failed login attempts. All this after silently sending you an sms message with the new users sim card number attached...

Sadly Apple don't want their iPhone users to gain access to it as it breaches their rules?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT (I have a genuine woman and a life...)
Please use plain text.
deejaygus

tell them that under the data protection act they MUST, at your request, give you a copy of any information held about you. although they CAN make a reasonable charge for this. then ask them why they failed to explain the process of retrieving this information by telling you to go here: http://www.o2.co.uk/subjectaccess and filling out the form.
whatever their excuses threaten to report them to the telecom ombudsman and also the information commissioners office (www.ico.gov.uk). it might speed things up a little.
MaFt

thanks alot
i will try that tomorrow, cheers
Please use plain text.
sparkie1984

track a stolen phone

^^^^ is that true :mansurprised:

i dont get apple sometimes, how on earth does that affect them??
Please use plain text.