cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repair

Anonymous
Not applicable
I sent a iPhone 5s in for repair three weeks it took two weeks for o2 to say they would not fix under the warranty
we were going to take it to Apple for a second opinion
we got the phone back today three weeks after it was sent away what was a networking problem has now been added to with a home button that won't work where do you go when a phone comes back more damaged than it went in
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It going to be difficult to prove further damage was carried out by the O2 repair centre.

Is their any damage on or around the home button. Did you take time date stamped pictures.

If you do go to apple please make an appointment first. https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It going to be difficult to prove further damage was carried out by the O2 repair centre.

Is their any damage on or around the home button. Did you take time date stamped pictures.

If you do go to apple please make an appointment first. https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately this is very common thus why its highly recommended you take pictures of the handset before sending it anywhere (as evidence if needed).

If its under a year old, take it directly to the Apple shop

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just thinking about the home button : Please try : On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches. I know your saying it's not working but this may kick it into life.

Can I ask what O2 repairs are saying that's wrong with your iPhone and not covered ?
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I press down both buttons is just goes to power off conveniently o2 s co.punters are down so I have to spend another hour on phone tomorrow I currently have four contracts with oI'df they mess me about I will have no issues moving service providers
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
They reckon it was dropped
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is their any casing damage to show a drop has occurred ?

Hold the two buttons down for a while until the apple logo appears. If it does not then unfortunately it's going to have to be Apple that take a look. Please do make the appointment because if you just walk in they may not see you.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your contracts have not run full term or on Refresh you won't be able to move networks without either paying off the contract or in Refresh pay off the handset plan.
Message 8 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I'm not sure how photo's would prove anything in this case and it sounds very much like it's your word against their's now.
Not an ideal situation to be in but I would talk to CS on 202 and see what they can do to help.
In future, go directly to Apple if you have any problems.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9