cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Upgrade on us" tariff question

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on O2's 'upgrade on us' tariff and was curious how it works regarding the handset I'll be offered when I upgrade. I can upgrade from early October.

I've got an iPhone 6s 64GB and want an iPhone 7. There is not 64GB iPhone 7 so will I be offered the 128GB handset? I don't want the 32GB handset – it's smaller capacity than my current phone and therefore more of a downgrade (size-wise at least)... I'm not going to pay for a bigger capacity handset as that defeats the purpose of the 'upgrade on us' tariff!

Anyone got experience with this and know how it works?

Cheers.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

The upgrade on us t&c relevant are here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/iphone/30gb-data-tariff-offer-with-purchase-of-iphone... you need to understand what the "upgrade on us" means .

As explained here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-Upgrade-on-us-promise-is-false/m-p/1000339#M1...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, but this doesn't answer my question. I know what "upgrade on us" means. I want to know what handset I'm eligible for because based on storage size their isn't an equivalent iPhone 7 available...
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

All the 'Upgrade on us' means is you give them the phone back after 12 months, and providing you take out another contract with a new handset, they will pay off the device plan.

If the new phone needs an upfront payment, you still have to pay this on top. Point 10 of the T&Cs:

"Where any upfront payment is required as part of the upgrade then this will be payable by the Customer as per the terms and conditions applicable to such upgrade. "

Message 4 of 4