cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about o2 contract Sim cards

Anonymous
Not applicable

if i swapped my sim card from my iPhone 6 on contract to a old iPhone 5 i have will o2 be able to know i've swapped the sim to a different phone?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
O2 don't care what phone you use as long as you pay your contract.
If you need a new or different sized sim just pop in store or call CS and they will issue you one free of charge.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes as the IMEI number is recorded against the sim card.

However your tariff and terms will remain the sim so you won't have any problem.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

what if ive lost the sim card from the iPhone 6 if i contact o2 and ask for a replacement as it has been lost and put it in the iPhone 5 it'll show up that the sims in an iPhone 5 and not a 6???

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
O2 don't care what phone you use as long as you pay your contract.
If you need a new or different sized sim just pop in store or call CS and they will issue you one free of charge.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4