O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 1: Joiner
mushtaxi

pairing 3G iphone to my car

Anyone having problems pairing up their 3G iphone to their car's inbuilt phone kit?
The iphone picks up the "Ford Audio" signal on the phone in it's discoverable state but then doesnt offer the keypad to type in my car's passkey. Also the car (Ford Focus 08 model) doesnt pick up on the iphone either.....

does this mean i have a phone which needs a iphone bluetooth headset or should i wait for a driver to be available for the phone????
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
jpl1953

Just a check you dont have too many phones paired to your car system do you? There is usually a limit.
Please use plain text.
shropshire_lad

no mate your having the same problem as most of us having....total disappointment! Many other problems on Iphone 3G...signal etc etc. Now ringtones refuse to play just VIBRATES!!! I have phoned Apple...Fiat (manufacturer of my car)and have the personal phone number of Supervisor at Apple....No joy anywhere just will not work....
I guess I will be returning my iphone later this week before 14 day period expires.
Exhausted...just trying.
:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
kieragh1515

I've bluetooth built in through my car too but apparently Iphone's bluetooth only works with an iphone bluetooth headset.. Am hoping someone can contradict me as I dunno what to do.........
Please use plain text.
mjt
Level 5: Ponderer
mjt

the iphone used to work with the blue&me system in my Grande Punto but the 2.0 software has broken it. Several users have had the same problem with car Bluetooth audio systems. 2.0 is certainly a problematic update so hopefully the 2.0.1 update that is in the works will make everything work as it used to.
Galaxy Nexus
Joggler
Please use plain text.
serpant

My 3G paired no problem with my 08 Focus ST with the ford bluetooth, the volume on calls is very low, but all else works fine.
Please use plain text.
johndoe

I've bluetooth built in through my car too but apparently Iphone's bluetooth only works with an iphone bluetooth headset.. Am hoping someone can contradict me as I dunno what to do.........

Our 3g works fine with a Parrot kit here. Just wait for the 2.01 firmware upgrade, and you'll all be up and running again.
Please use plain text.
jpl1953

as i have posted elsewhere mine works fine with the built in Nissan qashqai bluetooth - only wish it charged on my ipod adapter :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Berksman

The 3g doesn't charge in my Audi ipod cradle either. Will there be a fix? I've a feeling this is a hardware issue NOT software.
Please use plain text.
timwood2000

This is specific to 2.0 - everything was fine with previous software. It is nit a hardware issue. 2.0 has affected most users with built in BT in their cars. Need to wait for next release - anyone know when that will be?
Please use plain text.