cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 tracks

Anonymous
Not applicable

hey

I know it's a dumb question, but do you need 3g/wi-fi on your phone to listen to o2 tracks?

cheers

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Worth £52 a year though?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

You're aware there is a charge after 8 weeks?

From the FAQs:

Just download the app from your app store and follow the instructions. As an O2 3G customer you'll get free music for a minimum of 8 weeks. If you're not on O2, you can get 2 weeks free. You will not be charged unless you choose to subscribe. If you choose to subscribe the cost will be £1 per week.

Customers signing up to 4G will get 12 months free when all contract elements have been purchased directly from O2. O2 4G customers who have purchased their contract from a non-O2 sales channel, ie Carphone Warehouse or Phones4U, will get 8 weeks for free. Both sets of consumers will get this experience even if they have experienced O2 Tracks previously on 3G. The weekly cost of O2 Tracks with Video is £1.50. You will not be charged unless you choose to subscribe.

Probably worth noting that this has just changed in the last few days, you'll now be automatically subscribed after your trial period ends, if my understanding is correct this only applies to O2 customers, non-O2 customers would still have to confirm their subscription.

Message 12 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
£52 = 5 CD's (roughly) ?
You get 52 CD's off O2 tracks....
OK, so they all won't be my choice of music but I should think good value.
If not I'll cancel it after the trial period....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 44

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Probably worth noting that this has just changed in the last few days, you'll now be automatically subscribed after your trial period ends, if my understanding is correct this only applies to O2 customers, non-O2 customers would still have to confirm their subscription.

Yes, correct. Found that out tonight.

My daughter wanted it for 1D, she's on Tesco, set her up and got a text saying "welcome to your free trial".

My boy, on a simo from O2 signed up and got "welcome to your free trial" followed immediately by "thankyou for signing up" slight_smile

It does, however, tell you this on the text code confirmation page....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the update KyleB, it would help if they changed the online pages first! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only need it for tomorrow and Thurs, will unsuscribe after

hopefully I won't get charged or anything lol

Message 16 of 44

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You get 8 weeks free so use that then cancel it.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you automatically get charged after the years free trial?
Message 18 of 44

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You won't but anyone on contract signing up from now on will unless they cancel it.
You will be given the option to subscribe when your trial is up as you took the trial before they changed the rules.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok Cheers slight_smile
Message 20 of 44