O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 2: Apprentice
benw86

o2 Premier Plus Insurance. Good or Bad?

Just a quick question regarding O2 Insurance...

I'm currently paying £7.50 for insurance on my iPhone 3GS (I claimed a few months ago after accidentally leaving my 3G in a taxi, but the 3G had been discontinued so was sent a 3GS). If I decide to upgrade to iPhone 4, along with O2 making me change my tarriff to a new, improved, pay more for much less one, wil I be also made to pay the new insurance price???
Please use plain text.
Level 4: Observant
nevaborn

o2 Premier Plus Insurance. Good or Bad?

Just a quick question regarding O2 Insurance...
I'm currently paying £7.50 for insurance on my iPhone 3GS (I claimed a few months ago after accidentally leaving my 3G in a taxi, but the 3G had been discontinued so was sent a 3GS). If I decide to upgrade to iPhone 4, along with O2 making me change my tarriff to a new, improved, pay more for much less one, wil I be also made to pay the new insurance price???

im sure i read somewhere when you upgrade you can take your number and your insurance plan with you.... tho some confirmation on that would be welcomed :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
clairecawse09

Re: o2 Premier Plus Insurance. Good or Bad?

you'll be allowed to pay the same premium but you'll have to pay the higher excess apparently-I wouldnt guarantee that though as Im told different things every time I phone o2 at the minute! still waiting for a replacement a week after logging my claim. I understand that they don't have any in stock but they apparently can't even give me an expected date so it seems Im expected to wait indefinitely! Everyone keeps mentioning people making false claims to get an 'upgrade'-I really hope that's cynicism and not true as if that's what is holding up genuine claims like mine it'd be disappointing to say the least.
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
WillBates

I completely agree with Claire on this one. There are so many people making false claims to get a new phone, which just pushes up the premiums and makes the cover so much more expensive for the rest us! I'm not sure what they can do in order to identify false claims better without creating a whole load admin around claiming.
Please use plain text.
Level 24: Climbing the Ladder
Fatboy

I just wanna compliment o2 on their excellent insurance.. My daughter was getting out of a cab yesterday and as she picked her bag up to pay the driver it tipped and emptied the contents which included her 16gig iPhone 3gs straight down a storm drain, I get a phone call from her in tears and say calm down.. She phoned the council who said it was not their drain but they would send a litter picker out with his stick to try and retrieve it but with no joy as they could not get the drain up so the water board came and retrieved it 2 hours later..
I get on the phone straight away to o2 and then conferenced callled my daughter so she could explain excactly what happened whilst I listend, they were very sympathetic and listend to her story, they then said your claim has been approved and you will recieve your new phone on Monday but infact it arrived first thing this morning less than 24 hours of her dropping it down the drain it came complete with new sim card, new head phones and a new charger... Top marks to o2 insurance and as useall their excellent customer services...
Anyone else have any experience of o2 premier plus insurance? oh it was costing her £10 per month which it has now paid for itself..

Its nice to read about something good on these forums, has normally its a place where people come to when they have problems.
I used to have insurance with O2 but I could no longer afford the £10 per month, plus I am extremely careful with my iPhone, so I felt I was paying O2 £10 per month for nothing.
Glad to hear you got a swift outcome and everything turned out good :smileyvery-happy:
apple logo photo appleMac.jpg

iPhone 5s 32GB Space Grey

If my suggestion has helped or solved your issue, can you please come back and post a reply with an update. Thank you.

Please use plain text.