cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

major problems with o2 recycle

Anonymous
Not applicable
Imagine my horror when I sent away a mint condition iPhone 5s to o2 recycle (with the promise of £135) only to be told that the phone I have sent has 'heavy damage' and I would be offered £27!! Knowing this was certainly not the case with the phone i sent, i phone o2 recycle to share my concerns only to be told that a common problem with iPhone is that the battery can swell due to the change in temperature at the warehouse and this has probably happened!! Surely given that this is through no fault of mine I will still be offered my £135!!! No apparently not. I am offered for my (apparently now broken) phone to be returned to me!!! This is an absolute joke. The only conclusion I can come to is that the damage has occurred in the warehouse or my phone has been mixed up with someone else's. I am getting nowhere with o2 recycle staff. Anyone any experience of this or any advice on how to take this further?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Remember to let them know you'll be comparing the imei on return with your original documentation and *#06# screenshots...
Message 11 of 14

PiedPiper
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Fiona - have you got anything in writing, particularly the part about common problem with iPhones, bulging and warehouses? This is clearly nonsense because where do they suppose Apple stores it's iPhones prior to shipping? And the same applies to O2 itself. If iPhones had a habit of bulging while in storage then Apple would have gone bust years ago.

If you don't get your phone back exactly as it was then I would write to them, recorded delivery, demanding compensation, failing which you will be taking them to the Small Claims Court, and if necessary, actually do it.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview.

It's relatively easy and I think it costs £35 to make a claim and that is your only risk. If you win you get that back together with the amount of your claim.

Good luck 

Message 12 of 14

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the O2 Community manager. Welcome!

Feel free to send me a message and we can look into what is happening with your situation.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bulging batt er is are not a common problem with iphones, fact!

Total liars and scammers. Get the phone back, make a complaint if the phone isn't in the same condition you sent it and sell it privately. You will get more if the phone is unlocked.

Message 14 of 14