cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

major confusion!! o2 took money for wrong thing..

Anonymous
Not applicable

yesterday i upgraded early over the phone, they said itd cost £286 to pay off my outstanding contract, plus £89.99 for the handset. i paid this over the phone, *he then asked if i wanted to pay any of my bill-even though its not due until mid-march so no need to really, i said NO. he said no problem* i then asked is that all sorted now and my phone will come tomorrow? he said yes. recieved the handset today. it says no service, contacted o2 via chat and they said i owe £200 for my cancellation fee.. but i already paid the £286 yesterday. no he said, you paid that for your bill and paid OVER YOUR BILL AMOUNT (my bill obviously doesnt come to that amount i dont call the moon!). erm why would i pay for a phonebill thats not even due yet when already paying so much to upgrade? and then leave the termination fee unpaid?? how am i going to resolve this im so confused. cant even use my phone to call o2 as theyve barred both my old sim and my new one!!

am i missing something? im so confused lol

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
But if the money has been applied to airtime and not handset, it's not as easy as just getting them to transfer it over, it should be but it isn't.
And the reason he needs to get this down as a complaint is because the next point of contact could well be a bill for the total value of the new phone that, in O2's eyes, has been sent out without payment.
Its barmy buy believe me this does happen.
Message 11 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

also guys..

when i paid the £236 for my cancellation..while still on the phone i got an email saying..

"Thanks for paying £286.76 towards your next bill.

You can carry on using your mobile as normal."

and i did think it was odd but just thought maybe thats just how they worded it n it was automatically sent like that to anyone who made a payment for anything 😕 but it seems like the man on the phone totally messed up!!??

Message 12 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
But if the money has been applied to airtime and not handset, it's not as easy as just getting them to transfer it over, it should be but it isn't.
And the reason he needs to get this down as a complaint is because the next point of contact could well be a bill for the total value of the new phone that, in O2's eyes, has been sent out without payment.
Its barmy buy believe me this does happen.

Yes, but I would much rather base a complaint on an initial call to CS, who can reasonably be expected to get things right, rather than something live chat said.

Message 13 of 30

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yeah true, they are useless.
Message 14 of 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I disagree totally with the OP approaching CS with only half a story @Anonymous  ie as you said...

"Much better not to even mention having spoken to live chat, (who we KNOW have given out misleading info), and approach the problem afresh".

If they leave out the most important part, then I have visions of something similar occurring again..

Yes it's important to get it sorted... but as this 'should' be down on the OP's records.. they do not want to find themselves further out of pocket by missing out important facts...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

i clearly recieved an email, and a text message at 6am this morning, and both my sims were barred  due to me owing this money... which is why i live chatted someone and they said yes thats right..

BUT

just spoke to the manager. she said my account is actually IN CREDIT and i dont owe anything!!!!??? what the F!!!

Message 16 of 30

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Oh I think they should inform cs of the information live chat has given, if anything just to give feedback of poor misinformation again.
Message 17 of 30

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
That's why you need to escalate this,
You need to speak to someone who understands and will act on the info you give.
Message 18 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Rather than the sim cards been barred it is possible that the change over is happening.
Try rebooting the new sim card to see if it comes online.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Rather than the sim cards been barred it is possible that the change over is happening.
Try rebooting the new sim card to see if it comes online.

Exactly, that's why I suggested that the OP question the fact that the service wasn't working before anything else.

Message 20 of 30