cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

l phone 4 losing wifi connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. My phone has started to keep losing wifi connection at home so it runs alot of the time on 3g. Is this a problem with the phone or my wifi please? I'm with BT.

Also any idea when the new i phones are coming out as i'm waiting to upgrade.

Many thanks for any help Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Turning the router off for a min will reset most router issues. If it persists after that I would suggest a phone issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Occasionally turning the phone off and turn the phone back on clears lots of glitches.

Try forgetting the Network in the iPhones Wifi settings and re enter the wep key.

Do other devices connect Ok.

Try resetting your router and possibly change the wireless channel.

The iPhone 4 has had some issues in the past.

Also try resetting the iPhone.

Try a reset of your iPhone by ;

Holding the Top Sleep/Wake Button and Home Button until the Apple Logo appears, and then let go of both. Your iPhone will reset.

And or ;

Settings , General , Reset , Reset Network Settings.

If these fail and it continues then you could book an appointment at your most local Apple Store Genius Bar to have the phone checked out under warranty.

http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/t

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Regarding the next iPhone(s) release.

Their are lots of rumours circulating about when and what the new device(s) will look like.

Keep an eye out on blogs and here.

I would suggest it will be the latter part of this year or the early months of 2015

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Turning the router off for a min will reset most router issues. If it persists after that I would suggest a phone issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4