cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone6 unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

im with O2 9 years now and in Jan 15 ( iven could do this in July 2014 but didnt take any notice) upgrade my cont And jump into O2 refresh... And take iphone6 for 24 months without any inshurance etc (never ever claim nothing) as my plan is to keep my old Phone (bit old Fashion) and give iphone6 to my girlfrend in Poland to use it (didint take Nano card etc when upgrading in branch so is not registrated) so now problem with unlocking come up ( not expert in this things) she ask me to contact o2 to unlock so she can use it overthere but after chating with Guru find out i have pay it off??? Why??  what is the diffrence is locked or not for 02 got to pay monthly anyway so bit stuck now and dont know what to do?? Any help please

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers lads but thats my pain as why they didint tell me that when I was upgrading in O2 branch as told Staff about my plan with this iphone6 as told them dont bother with Nano card as will give it to use to my girlfrend (will be using my old phone etc) hi just reply "aha ok" so if only knew it i will have sooo many problems with this thing will never go forward. so got unhappy girl with new iphone and she cant use it... dont have inshurance etc and was thinking i can do whatever i want with my phone eg. crush it burn it and still got to and will be paying so where is the logick refiusing me to unlock this Phone.

Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be fair to those in the shop, they don't know you, so unless you were absolutely clear that your girlfriend lived in Poland and would not be using o2 etc etc etc then they are likely to have assumed your girlfriend would use her own o2 sim in the new phone but you were paying for it.

We were not there so can't comment but given it was sold to you then we must assume they weren't given all the facts in a clear and concise way.
Message 12 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
We are not in any position to comment on what the store told you.
We can only give you the steps you now have to take to unlock it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also not sure of the relevance of the comments about insurance? ???

Insurance wouldn't pay out because o2 refused to unlock the phone. If the phone was damaged and had to be replaced by the insurance you would get another locked device most likely
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be fair those in the shop.... I told full story to them about plans of the Phone... ( off the record : Staff State "but if your miss will not like new phone come bk to me i will buy it from you wink ) ok but please can we just leave that and give me advice or what option i got to save Time and moneys as tired with what i done so in future be much carefully.my fault people!!! Ok status : jump to 02 refresh in Jan 2015. Phone is in Poland never used with complaining girl she cant flsh around... Ufff.. Me gadget granpa want still us it my old Galaxy,  after 14 days if i want to change my mind and cancel O2 refresh... After call to O2 cust service and explaining me got to pay it off my plan to unlock ( still dont understand what is the diffrence with paying monthly if Phone got O2 block or not still have to pay) anyway this is my sytuation so how i can unlock this gadget? How much will cost me? How Long it takes? Who to trust? If mirycle will happen and will manage to unlock the 02 will block it again? Please help me Regards Seb

Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
You have already been advised how to unlock. You would need to pay off the device plan. Go to myo2 and it will give you the cost there
Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Politycal anwser so updating one more point to my status: can not afford to pay it off!!! So that mean i will be having that pice of plastic for another 23months just looking on it or there is way to unlocking?

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
As has been stated above, we are trying to help you but you are not listening, 12 months approx from date of launch so we expect October this year but the phone will still need to be latched to o2
Message 18 of 19

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

You need to get the phone back first, get a nano SIM from an O2 shop and at the same time pick up a free adapter pack, then use the nano SIM in the iPhone to latch it to the O2 network. Then you will still need to pay off the handset before O2 will unlock it.

You'll be able to use the nano to micro SIM adapter from the pack to put in your present phone.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 19 of 19