O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 2: Apprentice
chrisdall

iphone visual voicemail could not authorize access

Hi, I'm on O2 uk and cannot set up visual voicemail - 'voicemail unavailable - could not authorize access' appears. 901 voicemail works fine so people can leave messeges. Not to sure what to do
Please use plain text.
Level 5: Ponderer
Jawswing

Their are two issues it may be.
Either you are not on an iPhone tariff, or it is due to the problems o2 have been having (which I'm sure has been sorted now).
Please use plain text.
chrisdall

recent number porting

have phoned o2 customer services (I am on a tarrif) apparently these problems will last until I get my next bill - I recently ported my number so don't have access to visual voicemail or allowance details on 'my o2' until next billing period. is this a common occuence when porting a number (to do with their system having both numbers attached to the account for this billing period)
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
fil6656

Visual Voicemail

Regarding Voice Mail on the iPhone… I have had problems in the UK this last 24hrs. I have spoke to O2 and after the third person I got through too, then said there was a network problem with Visual Voice Mail and it may last until tomorrow the 1st Jan 2010. If you speak to the right person at O2 you generally get the correct reply to your problem, but as in so many cases I have dealings with them with having a business account, these good people are further and far between.
Hope this helps
Please use plain text.
kenjude

I'm also having this problem.

My iPhone was received on Thursday. my account is showing as having been switched to the iPhone tariff, but am still getting the same error message as the original poster.
Please use plain text.
myloe84

Me too. Just finished my contract and now on simplicity, bought the phone outright from Apple. Made sure I'm on simplicity for iphone and I get the exact same error when trying to configure it for the first time. Checked settings as well and I have idata.o2.co.uk, vertigo and password... 3G works fine but not VV. Is this on an ongoing network issue?
Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB Black
O2 Simplicity for iPhone 20
Please use plain text.
Tugboat

I get the exact same error when trying to configure it for the first time.

I also unable to configure Visual Voicemail. O2 advised on 1st Jan they were aware of the problem.
Please use plain text.
PensiveCat

Visual Voicemail

Hi everyone, I too am having the same problem. When trying to set up Visual Voice mail I get the error message: Voicemail Unavailable, could not authorise access. Like all of you I can get my messages by ringing 901. I have also sent an e-mail to support and hope that the issue will be resolved soon. Do post here if your issue is resolved and how you did it.
Please use plain text.
chrisdall

spoke to customer services today - they said that the technical dept are aware of the problem and hope to have an update on the 8th jan
Please use plain text.
PensiveCat

Visual Voicemail

Thanks, I look forward to January 8th and hope that the problem is resolved.
Please use plain text.