cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 plus

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi folk`s,  i am a pensioner so not very good with mobile phones,  

i have bought an iphone 6 plus which is on o3 , but i use the tesco mobile o2 service. i have been told that if i put my o2 sim card into it it will operate properly. is this correct or do i have to get the phone unlocked?

thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Do you mean Three or O2?
O3 might be a new network soon but not yet wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you all for your comments,

i think i had better clarify thing`s.  i have bought a new iphone 6 plus from someone who had bought it registered to O3 .  i used to use an iphone 5 but the battery life was shocking.        i backed my iphone 5 up to icloud so i know how to transfer my data back.   my phone provider was tesco mobile.,  as i am registered disabled i needed a phone with a longer battery life, so i went for the iphone 6 plus after reading about the battery life.  plus a much larger screen for my old eyes.  all i want to know is if i take my tesco mobile sim card from my iphone 5 and put it in the iphone 6 plus that is on O3, it will work without having the phone unlocked.

thanks.

Thanks for clarifying @Anonymous. From the comments above you seem pretty competent to me (despite your opening post) Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you all for your comments,

i think i had better clarify thing`s.  i have bought a new iphone 6 plus from someone who had bought it registered to O3 .  i used to use an iphone 5 but the battery life was shocking.        i backed my iphone 5 up to icloud so i know how to transfer my data back.   my phone provider was tesco mobile.,  as i am registered disabled i needed a phone with a longer battery life, so i went for the iphone 6 plus after reading about the battery life.  plus a much larger screen for my old eyes.  all i want to know is if i take my tesco mobile sim card from my iphone 5 and put it in the iphone 6 plus that is on O3, it will work without having the phone unlocked.

thanks.

Thanks for clarifying @Anonymous. From the comments above you seem pretty competent to me (despite your opening post) Smiley Very Happy

That hasn't clarified anything, I'm afraid. The OP needs to let us know which network the phone is registered to. There is no O3 network. It's either Three or O2. @MI5 has already asked which one it is. Until @Anonymous comes back and lets us know which one, they won't be able to get a proper answer.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino I was actually referring to my earlier comment about what phone they were using. I thought they were new to iPhones. That wasn't the case. Perhaps I should have said Thank you for clarifying it for me.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Cleoriff I was referring to the OP's comment that they were clarifying things, which they obviously haven't. We're still none the wiser. Confused

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Cleoriff I was referring to the OP's comment that they were clarifying things, which they obviously haven't. We're still none the wiser. Confused

LOL Agree though I must admit to missing the O3 bit initially...and then thought it was an error...

Ah well...the sun is shining and all that jazz...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I suspect the iPhone is from three and as such is already unlocked to all networks as three no longer lock phones. Any older I phones became unlocked on sync to iTunes and newer I phones are unlocked on activation.
But, again needs clarifying if it's from three.
http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varse...
Message 18 of 24

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If it is Three it will certainly be unlocked.
That network constantly delivers over expectations.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

bambino was right that`s why i havn`t come back on this subject. but after reading other people`s remark`s i realize that some people make a positive contribution. so i went back and checked my emails from the seller when i was buying this phone.  sorry but it is 3 not O3 the phone is on.

thank you.

Message 20 of 24