cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 lost all contacts etc

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all first post so here goes

I have an iphone 6 I previosly had an iphone 5s  all was fine until I gave my daughter my iphone 5s as I no longer needed it, she put her sim in the phone, buy as soon as she did my phone the iphone 6 turned into my daughters phone all my contacts dissapeared all my daughters contacts appeared on my phone and the wallpaper changed from the picture I had to a completely different one of a wave, 

So how can this have happened? please help

sarah

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
You need to set up your daughter with her own apple id.
At the moment both phones are syncing to iCloud under the same account so the latest changes will sync back to both phones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
You need to set up your daughter with her own apple id.
At the moment both phones are syncing to iCloud under the same account so the latest changes will sync back to both phones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Sarah, and welcome.
Did your daughter have an iPhone prior to you giving her your 5s?
It appears her details have overridden yours?
Hopefully you have previously backed up to iTunes or icloud?
As MI5 suggests you'll have to restart each device and set them up with your individual icloud accounts.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable