cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6+ delays on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to drag this out of the main pre-order thread.

Managed to Order an iphone 6+ this morning in store.  Helpful chap promised it would be available for  launch next Friday.

upon processing the Order I received an email from O2 confirming the Order but stating delivery for 7th october.

I telephoned the store and told the chap and he checked with someone higher up and confirmed that date is correct (in fact the manager he spoke with actually thought it was later; O2 dont have any stock of 6+ in any variant until October).

This has happened to a couple of otehr people who have upgraded instore.

Has anybody received confirmation of an earlier delivery date for a 6+ who has either ordered instore or online/phone?

Seems to me O2 could have been a bit clearer about vailability of the 6+

Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered my 6 + instore on the 12th at about 10AM.

Receipt said delivery date is estimated 7th of October. So looks like there are some delays.

No idea why i'm typing this but i find it comforting that i'm not the only one facing these excruciating delays that are sure to effect my mental health and well-being.Hug

Message 51 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ordered my 6 + instore on the 12th at about 10AM.

Receipt said delivery date is estimated 7th of October. So looks like there are some delays.

No idea why i'm typing this but i find it comforting that i'm not the only one facing these excruciating delays that are sure to effect my mental health and well-being.Hug

LOL

I love your sense of humour @Anonymous . With that going for you ...I would say your mental health will NOT be affected wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 114

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Oh no, your life would be so much better and meaningful if you could get get the phone on Friday...LOL

Message 53 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
And of course with that sense of humor you will fit in well here.
Message 54 of 114

MI5
  • 144362 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You'll never be the same again (until next year ;))
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 55 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

Placed an order online for the 6 on Saturday 13th between 11am and 11.30am, while O2's website said launch date would be Friday 19th September. On the Friday aftrenoon I received a text from O2 to say the Amazon Fire's launch day is 30th September, then later that day I got another text saying they sent me details of the Fire in error but that they do have my iPhone order but there was no mention about the launch day in that second text message. So I visited my local O2 store on Saturday (20th) to find out what was happening and I was informed that I probably won't receive my 6 until mid-October as the launch day is the 7th October! I ask why was that the third launch day I've now heard from O2 and they couldn't explain. And yet O2 already have debited my account. So it could be a month after I placed my order that I could receive the phone! Not necessarily a major problem, but what's frustrated me is the total lack of correct and cohesive information emanating from O2. I suspect the launch day of the 19th Sept was mentioned deliberately to gain as many pre-orders as possible, equating to lots of money for O2, but they knew full well the launch day of the 19th was a lie and they weren't going to send out phones until October. This appears to be a total and blatant mis-representation from O2.

Message 56 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

The pre order date for the iPhone 6 and 6 plus for O2 was 12/9/14.

The launch date of both phones was 19/9/14.

What their saying is they don't have the stocking levels to satisfy your order. 😞
Message 57 of 114

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I'm not sure how you deduce that the 19th was a lie? Many people got their phones on the 19th but as with any iphone launch, orders far outnumbered stock levels and availability. It's inevitable I'm afraid and all the networks and independents quickly exhausted stock and estimated dates of deliveries given.

I do however sympathise and I do feel that the network should always be upfront with information and keep you in the picture as to when you can expect delivery. They should be able to match the number of outstanding orders with supply schedules but there again, it's possibly an unknown variant on Apple being able to satisfy the numbers. Their first priority will be their own stores worldwide.

Message 58 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is clear is that most of the people without satisifed pre-orders are waiting for a 6+.

The 6+ stock levels were rumoured to be low pre launch.

There are stock problems across the board at Apple, and at all other UK networks.  You would struggle to go out today and place an order and expect to get one before October.

I can only hope that the store estimate of delivery at October 7th is based upon some expected delivery from the supply chain.

Message 59 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
"I can only hope that the store estimate of delivery at October 7th is based upon some expected delivery from the supply chain."

So do I or we are going to get quite a few disappointed people leaving posts. 😞
Message 60 of 114