cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6+ delays on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to drag this out of the main pre-order thread.

Managed to Order an iphone 6+ this morning in store.  Helpful chap promised it would be available for  launch next Friday.

upon processing the Order I received an email from O2 confirming the Order but stating delivery for 7th october.

I telephoned the store and told the chap and he checked with someone higher up and confirmed that date is correct (in fact the manager he spoke with actually thought it was later; O2 dont have any stock of 6+ in any variant until October).

This has happened to a couple of otehr people who have upgraded instore.

Has anybody received confirmation of an earlier delivery date for a 6+ who has either ordered instore or online/phone?

Seems to me O2 could have been a bit clearer about vailability of the 6+

Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well when i ordered mine, i was told they had an upto date order tracker of the stock they had, i was only able to order a Silver 6+ 64GB as that was the one that didn't have a 2-3 or 5-7 week wait time. I also paid off my phone plan and had to wait for the link to become active due to website issues, so wasn't able to fulfil the order till just after lunch time. I presume though, once the order had been done over the phone and the link was sent to me, the phone would have technically been "reserved".

Message 31 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
At the end of the day you can only go on the information passed to you from official channels.

We here can only go on past iPhone launch pre order and delivery promise experience.

Good luck.
Message 32 of 114

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In past launches and deliveries we have seen no reconciliation in time of ordering and delivery being received so at this stage I would not take being first with your order as being any guarantee that your phone will be first to be dispatched.

Message 33 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

an O2 emplyee called me 3 weeks ago because im due for an upgrade but i told her i would be waiting for a new iphone. she said "no problem, should i call back when we know more about it?" i said yes.

On pre order morning she called me back and asked if i wanted to place a pre order. I asked what was popular and what might be selling out. she said sales of all the devices were pretty even but nobody had gone for my choice yet so i would get it release day so i went for the 6+ 64gb in gold.

But .... 20 minutes later she calls back, this was at about 10am. She tells me they just received mail from the head office saying the first shipment of 6+ phones had already gone! next shipment might be as late as 7th Oct. She didnt know if i had made it in time so was asking if i wantedto change my order or cancel it.

im sticking to my guns and hoping for the bestCrazy

Message 34 of 114

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You were lucky to get calls from O2 on pre-order day slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 35 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

A few people have said the 7th Oct were showing on their shop paperwork too.

I agree your best sticking to what you've chosen or you may get buyers remorse and end up sending a second choice back !
Message 36 of 114

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Patience brings it's own rewards. Your life won't be any the worse if you have to wait till 7th October.

Message 37 of 114

adz999
Level 4: Observant
  • 46 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks to the security used by my bank that clashes with that used by the O2 website, my delivery is estimated at 6-7 weeks, any more problems and it'll arrive about the same time as the  watch!
MacBook Pro
Apple TV
PS4
iPhone 7+
Message 38 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to hear that. 😞
Message 39 of 114

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry to hear that. 😞

Any advice as to rectifying the problem, bob?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 40 of 114