cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6+ delays on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to drag this out of the main pre-order thread.

Managed to Order an iphone 6+ this morning in store.  Helpful chap promised it would be available for  launch next Friday.

upon processing the Order I received an email from O2 confirming the Order but stating delivery for 7th october.

I telephoned the store and told the chap and he checked with someone higher up and confirmed that date is correct (in fact the manager he spoke with actually thought it was later; O2 dont have any stock of 6+ in any variant until October).

This has happened to a couple of otehr people who have upgraded instore.

Has anybody received confirmation of an earlier delivery date for a 6+ who has either ordered instore or online/phone?

Seems to me O2 could have been a bit clearer about vailability of the 6+

Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113

DavidLShelton
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Holahoop,
I got the 6+ 64GB on a £58 contract for the 20GB, there's a upfront cost of £29.99 (actually you pay £49.99 today but get £20 back when you pick the phone up).
Message 11 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was that as an upgrade or new contract?

Message 12 of 114

DavidLShelton
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That was an upgrade.
Message 13 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

02 don't really give you a lot at upgrade stage I noticed.  I'm with them 6 years and all I managed was a £5 month discount.  

Message 14 of 114

DavidLShelton
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah, this'll be my 4th Iphone with them and I was with them a couple of years before, not a discount in sight.
Message 15 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not really bothered about loyalty discounts - it would just be nice for them not to balls up an iphone release.

This is the second one they have ballsed up for me in succession and next time I'll be going elsewhere.

Message 16 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me too, ordered in store and the guy told me not to bother to come in as soon as the shop opens as I'll have to wait as there will be a huge queue. He said leave it a few hours after opening to pick up my iphone plus next Friday as it will be set aside for me. Leave the shop happy (not checking the receipt, stupidly!) and then get a text when I'm in work saying the date they expect my order to be ready as 7/10. Says that on the receipt as well.

Apparently I was getting the only model for the shop for the 128gig space grey, though there was some gold left (I think about 3 when I saw the stock numbers).

Pretty stupid to give stores stock they can sell as pre orders if they not going to be fulfilled!? Going to go to the store tomorrow see if I can get more info!

Message 17 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got a confirmation email from O2 this morning at 8:27 for my iPhone 6 plus 64gb but this email didn't have any dates.

I spoke to online chat to see if they know any dates. They took my full name and security answer and came back saying that I will receive it on launch day (19th) and get another email on around the 18th with tracking details etc.

Really hope this is right!
Message 18 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

now the store is back up it is showing the 6+ as available for pre-order in 16gb but with a 2-3 week wait for 64gb and 128gb

Seems to confirm the supply chain issue in my eyes.  They havent got the bigger versions of the 6+ for launch day despatch.

Message 19 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just been mulling around in my city centre O2 shop and am hearing the shop assistants tell people if they pre order they'll receive the phone on the 19th After paying the upfront fee.
Message 20 of 114