cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6+ delays on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to drag this out of the main pre-order thread.

Managed to Order an iphone 6+ this morning in store.  Helpful chap promised it would be available for  launch next Friday.

upon processing the Order I received an email from O2 confirming the Order but stating delivery for 7th october.

I telephoned the store and told the chap and he checked with someone higher up and confirmed that date is correct (in fact the manager he spoke with actually thought it was later; O2 dont have any stock of 6+ in any variant until October).

This has happened to a couple of otehr people who have upgraded instore.

Has anybody received confirmation of an earlier delivery date for a 6+ who has either ordered instore or online/phone?

Seems to me O2 could have been a bit clearer about vailability of the 6+

Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just reading back the latest emails and I cannot believe how much O2 has messed up! I was also getting these generic emails about my order each time I enquired, and to find out it was putting me to the back of the queue is shocking bad service and communication at O2,

Really pleased I read on this forum about going to cpw, as I have been receiving updates since I cancelled with o2 this morning and went with cpw telling me where my new iPhone 6 plus is and the it has now reached the local depot and will be delivered to the shop tomorrow ready for me to pick up!

Not bothered about the refresh tarrif and I don't intend to change my phone next year anyway.

Good luck everyone!
Message 91 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Excellent news @Anonymous  Hope all works out well for you. It seems CPW have done well out of this whole iPhone 6 release/shambles...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 114

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Excellent news @Anonymous  Hope all works out well for you. It seems CPW have done well out of this whole iPhone 6 release/shambles...:smileywink:

I bet their share prices are on the up!:smileywink:

Message 93 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I bet their share prices are on the up!:smileywink:

Which sadly wont be the case for O2....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 94 of 114

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I must admit, the Note scares me. It comes with a pen. A PEN!!! I mean, what is this, the dark ages? Might as well send an sms with a quill. 

I'll await your comments when the iPhone 7 comes with an iPen LOL

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 95 of 114

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I must admit, the Note scares me. It comes with a pen. A PEN!!! I mean, what is this, the dark ages? Might as well send an sms with a quill. 

I'll await your comments when the iPhone 7 comes with an iPen LOL

iphone 8 surely...they are two years behind !:smileywink:

Message 96 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Do NOT frighten away @Anonymous ...If you read back...I had nearly converted him to the light...even gave a picture of the Note 4....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 97 of 114

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Are people seriously still waiting for this phone? What the hell is the holdup. There's quite a few about now. Tut tut o2
Message 98 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Are people seriously still waiting for this phone? What the hell is the holdup. There's quite a few about now. Tut tut o2

Exactly I am now advising people to take a  walk into town to one of the O2 shops ...or CPW...and pick one up off the shelves...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 99 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too can envisage Apple introducing a stylus Pen even though Steve Jobs was set against it.

I use such pens with my MacBook Air.
Message 100 of 114