cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6+ delays on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to drag this out of the main pre-order thread.

Managed to Order an iphone 6+ this morning in store.  Helpful chap promised it would be available for  launch next Friday.

upon processing the Order I received an email from O2 confirming the Order but stating delivery for 7th october.

I telephoned the store and told the chap and he checked with someone higher up and confirmed that date is correct (in fact the manager he spoke with actually thought it was later; O2 dont have any stock of 6+ in any variant until October).

This has happened to a couple of otehr people who have upgraded instore.

Has anybody received confirmation of an earlier delivery date for a 6+ who has either ordered instore or online/phone?

Seems to me O2 could have been a bit clearer about vailability of the 6+

Message 1 of 114
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, just got off a chat with a Guru and was informed that 6+'s would start to be shipped from the 19th, so they won't be delivered next Friday. My order went though at 07:59 this morning, so I can definitely say I would've been in the launch allocation if there was any.

Which is fine by me, I'd rather know that now than be disappointed next Friday!

View solution in original post

Message 26 of 114
113 REPLIES 113

DavidLShelton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's interesting that the manager of the store said there would be some available on the 19th (and I can pick mine up on the 20th or 21st, as I'm in another part of the country on the 19th) and on my receipt it says the 7th October.
Message 2 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
And so it begins of pre orders not being satisfied.

This will be the same everywhere. 😞

Happens every apple launch.
Message 3 of 114

DavidLShelton
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What I don't get is that when I was going through the upgrade screen, I could see on the screen the availability of each iphone (including the 6+ 64GB) and there was 3 available.
Message 4 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
It changes so fast and we always see on leading up to the release date we see people get delay e mails. 😞
Message 5 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the laughable discussion i've just had with a guru

O2 : at 11:10:00

Have you got the confirmation from O2 about the delivery till 7th of October ?

Scully: at 11:10:54

Yes. Thats the issue. In store suggested that all of their stock should be with them next Friday - confirmation says 7th October. Is this an error or are there problems with getting the 6+ out to stores?

O2 : at 11:12:23

Yes S, few orders are delayed for few days since we've already got very large number of order request for this handset.

O2 :at 11:13:00

We'll keep sending your regular updates to your email about the delivery of this handset.

Scully: at 11:13:06

So just to clarify, there is no available stock of the iphone 6+ for launch day delivery?

O2 : at 11:13:36

We've already got the stock for launch date.

O2 : at 11:13:55

However, we've got more order than the available stock.

O2 : at 11:14:19

Therefore, you may have got the confirmation about delay.

Scully: at 11:14:40

My order was placed at 9am in store. The online stiore had been down all morning. The store had been allocated handsets (so they thought) for delivery on launch day.

Scully: at 11:15:05

So it strikes me that this isnt an issue about taken up stock.

O2 : at 11:15:29

Yes S, you may get it on launch date since the date mentioned in the email is an expected delivery date.

Scully: at 11:16:07

Right. Well thats very confusing indeed.

O2 : at 11:16:06

I'd request you to please wait for launch date and I'm sure you'll get one for you.

Scully: at 11:16:41

I know I'll get one (eventually) because I've just parted with £180.

O2 : at 11:16:42

I'm really very sorry as it may have caused any confusion.

O2 : at 11:17:16

S, you can also contact the same store and they'll confirm the details regarding this order.

Scully: at 11:17:34

They seem to know as little as you sadly.

O2 : at 11:18:01

Oh, I'm really very sorry for this.

O2 : at 11:18:15

S, I'd request you to please wait for launch date and I'm sure you'll get one for you.

Message 6 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

It isnt an issue of stock being taken up.

The store told me when I ordered that their stock would be delivered for Friday.  They had a page on screen with their stock on it.  They were their phones.  They even explained one ther local shop only had one phone reserved tothem.

The chap found the phone, told me stock was available and did the order.  Assured me delivery to store for next Friday and that it was my phone.

Then i get the confirmation confirming delivery on 7th Oct.

Phoned store back and they checked and confirmed it was a problem with the 6+. Stock was not available for launch day on any models.

Message 7 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

What time did you order your iPhone? The confirmation email for my 64GB Space Gray 6+ came through at 07:59, and I've not had an email regarding delivery dates... yet....

Message 8 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

My order was processed in store at 9.16 and I got the email through whilst I was standing at the till.

Will be interested to find out what date they confirm delivery for your order taken online.

Message 9 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, as expected 02 Shop is down.  Being due for an upgrade I am wondering what price you managed to order the iPhone 6+ at?

I see CPW has offers and I like the £53*24 with no deposit for the 64GB with 5GB data.

Message 10 of 114