cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6+ delays on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to drag this out of the main pre-order thread.

Managed to Order an iphone 6+ this morning in store.  Helpful chap promised it would be available for  launch next Friday.

upon processing the Order I received an email from O2 confirming the Order but stating delivery for 7th october.

I telephoned the store and told the chap and he checked with someone higher up and confirmed that date is correct (in fact the manager he spoke with actually thought it was later; O2 dont have any stock of 6+ in any variant until October).

This has happened to a couple of otehr people who have upgraded instore.

Has anybody received confirmation of an earlier delivery date for a 6+ who has either ordered instore or online/phone?

Seems to me O2 could have been a bit clearer about vailability of the 6+

Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that none of the other carriers, 3uk, Tesco, EE, is suffering fromorder  delays for the IPhone 6 Plus.

Tesco have just recieved a batch of IPhones 6 and 6 Plus, as have 3uk and EE.

Message 101 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems that none of the other carriers, 3uk, Tesco, EE, is suffering fromorder  delays for the IPhone 6 Plus.

Tesco have just recieved a batch of IPhones 6 and 6 Plus, as have 3uk and EE.

And also we are being told that other people are walking into O2 stores (and CPW) and walking out with a phone that day?

It just appears its the pre-order system that is failing people badly

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 102 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a little update boys & girls, I have since sent a strongly worded email to the complaints, web team and customer service depts and also sent a tweet to Ronan Dunne the CEO of o2, hopefully this will force someone somewhere to pull their finger out their proverbial n hopefully get some resolution.

Probably not but a boy can dream.

Will update you with what happens presuming I'm not overcome with dementia in the next few days..... wink
Message 103 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted o2 customer services enquiring about a possible delivery date of my IPhone 6 Plus. Their answer:

"As I can see the update:- 'Apple hasn’t advised on when the delayed delivery will be made which means we’re unable to provide these customers with a revised delivery date.Wait for eight days or more for their new iPhone, you will receive an airtime credit for each day they wait, up to a maximum of 42 days (which is a maximum of six weeks).

The credit will be a daily rate based on the tariff the customer has chosen and will be a pro-rated amount".

Message 104 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was that info from Online Chat pgjallan ?
Message 105 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have been waiting over 8 weeks for our iphone6, no one at O2 has a clue when they will come out, they have stock for new customers but not existing. O

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to drag this out of the main pre-order thread.

Managed to Order an iphone 6+ this morning in store.  Helpful chap promised it would be available for  launch next Friday.

upon processing the Order I received an email from O2 confirming the Order but stating delivery for 7th october.

I telephoned the store and told the chap and he checked with someone higher up and confirmed that date is correct (in fact the manager he spoke with actually thought it was later; O2 dont have any stock of 6+ in any variant until October).

This has happened to a couple of otehr people who have upgraded instore.

Has anybody received confirmation of an earlier delivery date for a 6+ who has either ordered instore or online/phone?

Seems to me O2 could have been a bit clearer about vailability of the 6+

ne operator told my wife when we call for an update the advisor will lie just to get us off the phone. The latest is they have them in the warehouse but the computer systme not matching them up to orders.

I even made contact with CEO who promised action, I receieved an email from CEO office over 5 days ago promising to investigate but still no delivery date on the phones and no follow up.

Seems no one at O2 really cares about existing customers and amazing that they dont use the device they sell to keep in touch! a quick phone call and update would be helpful and reassure customers they are working on it.

Where else do you turn if the CEO cant get you an answer? Social media?

Message 106 of 114

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Watchdog
Message 107 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
Follow up on the CEO route asking for an update and that you're not happy
Message 108 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh did that last night still no response!

Message 109 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Eight weeks??? This must be a record! Someone on here today was complaining that they ordered theirs on Monday 10/11...promised next day delivery...and was surprised it hadnt arrived. I did respond that some people had been waiting 6-8 weeks....

Oh and 4 weeks ago a petition was started on this forum to take the problem to Watchdog. I dont think anything has happened Obviously

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 110 of 114