cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6+ delays on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to drag this out of the main pre-order thread.

Managed to Order an iphone 6+ this morning in store.  Helpful chap promised it would be available for  launch next Friday.

upon processing the Order I received an email from O2 confirming the Order but stating delivery for 7th october.

I telephoned the store and told the chap and he checked with someone higher up and confirmed that date is correct (in fact the manager he spoke with actually thought it was later; O2 dont have any stock of 6+ in any variant until October).

This has happened to a couple of otehr people who have upgraded instore.

Has anybody received confirmation of an earlier delivery date for a 6+ who has either ordered instore or online/phone?

Seems to me O2 could have been a bit clearer about vailability of the 6+

Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 61 of 114

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And pre launch we always understood the priority would be given to supply of the 6...The 6+ stocks would always to be limited....until 2-3 weeks later. However the posts on here do not follow any type of pattern...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 62 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

ordered my iphone 6 64gb, on 26th September, still no date to say when it will arrive?  I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my order as getting really fed up.

I did ring and the advisor said I had been made a priority but he still couldn't say when I might get the phone?

Anyone know what is going, I'd be fine if they would could give any kind of reasonable timescale?

Thanks

Lenny

Message 63 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
Demand has outstripped supply some are saying.

Others say Apple have restricted availability on purpose.

I'm a bit different as I purchase sim free from apple.

I reserved mine at my Apple Store via an online link and collected the iPhone 6 plus the following day and if I remember correctly availability was ok on all the other models.
Message 64 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

My business ordered two i-phone 6s online three weeks ago and last night the expected delivery was confirmed on the O2's helpful chat system as being a staggering SIX MORE WEEKS - that's NINE WEEKS in total. Texts continue to be far from clear about the extent of the problem "O2. We're sorry, we can't get your new iPhone to you on the date we had hoped. It's been really popular and unfortunately our delivery has been delayed. When it arrives we'll get your order straight out to you. If it's more than 7 days we'll get back in touch with an update." I realise that this is an unprecedented product launch by Apple though when you are clearly told "two to three weeks" at point of order (this is my one and only gripe), this latest information that I had to extract is not at all good.

We've all got used to next day deliveries making nine weeks seems like something from the 1800s.

Hopefully there are going to be some serious sweeteners attached when our two orders finally come through, otherwise we shall certainly be wondering if this is the last upgrade I shall conduct with O2.

Such a shame, I was in an Apple Store on the day of the product launch though I chose to be loyal with O2, who are normally highly reliable.

Message 65 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now been waiting 2 weeks for my 6+ in gold 128GB despite it saying "in stock" when I ordered it online.

Received the obligatory "Sorry we can't get your iphone to you" text, also asked the web chat team for any more information to no avail.

What I don't understand is, how can O2 not have a date when they are expecting more handsets? Surely Apple must be providing the carriers with information when they can expect more deliveries of the iphone? I can't understand how businesses can operate in this day and age without knowing dates of when they are getting stock and where that stock is allocated to, that's just standard?

While I'm glad to be told I'm priority, from reading the posts on here, so is everyone else so not sure that would make much difference? I would cancel my order and go to CPW (who has stock) but I don't like multiple credit checks done on me as this adversely affects your credit score so I'm reluctant to go elsewhere.

This way of operating seems very shoddy if O2 are taking orders with absolutely no idea if or when they may or may not be getting any more stock from Apple.

Message 66 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would surmise O2 do speak to apple and so do the other networks to get as many units as possible.

It's another story if those networks accept more orders from their customers than what they can physically get their hands on.

Some think Apple hold back phones to increase demand.

Their are iPhones available at apple stores.

As an example I reserved my iPhone 6 plus on a Saturday just after midnight and collected the following day from my local Apple Store.
Message 67 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And just posted on the other iPhone thread that someone has cancelled their order with O2..walked into CPW and picked one up there without waiting...

No rhyme or reason for delays really...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 114

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

And just posted on the other iPhone thread that someone has cancelled their order with O2..walked into CPW and picked one up there without waiting...

No rhyme or reason for delays really...:smileysad:

Unfortunately no Refresh Tariff through CPW, but only a 2 year term most probably.  😞

Message 69 of 114

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The OP made no mention of the refresh tariff, so I made a presumption he was sick of waiting for his phone and went in to CPW and got one regardless of anything else...

As said...it is so silly that people are still waiting here but they can be picked up at many mobile phone outlets elsewhere...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 114