cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 and plus refresh unlock

Anonymous
Not applicable

if i buy the iphone 6 and request the unlock code straight away will it be accepted or is it 6 months again?

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If the phone is bought on Refresh and the handset is then paid off, as a general rule they will unlock it. I don't remember seeing any posts were customers have done this yet for the 6 or 6+?

Message 31 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
"We won't be unlocking iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus for a while. We're prioritising our stock of these devices for customers who want to use them on the O2 network. The exception to this will be O2 Refresh customers who've completely paid off their Device Plan in full - we will therefore allow iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus to be"

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-network
Message 32 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122819 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

If the phone is bought on Refresh and the handset is then paid off, as a general rule they will unlock it. I don't remember seeing any posts were customers have done this yet for the 6 or 6+?

Thanks @jonsie It must have been linked to the Refresh tariff. Again thanks for clarifying..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 45

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

No worries, happy to help. Glad the website confirms the advice we have always given wink

Message 34 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to register my interest in this thread. I want to unlock my contract O2 iPhone 6 to use abroad when I travel... the website still says 'We won't be unlocking iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus for a while'. I wonder how long a while will be?

Thanks.

Message 35 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122819 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd like to register my interest in this thread. I want to unlock my contract O2 iPhone 6 to use abroad when I travel... the website still says 'We won't be unlocking iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus for a while'. I wonder how long a while will be?

Thanks.

It is usually 6 months @Anonymous ... (unless you pay off the handset price if on the Refresh deal. Then you can unlock as soon as you like )

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

It is usually 6 months @Anonymous ... (unless you pay off the handset price. Then you can unlock as soon as you like )

Understood, thanks. I think we're passed 6 months though... the release date was early Sept. 2014 if I remember correctly.

Message 37 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122819 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hmmmmm yes of course. I personally haven't heard anything though that they are unlocking? Maybe contacting O2 CS will give you an answer ? http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus. Will you let us know how you get on?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 45

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
O2 have stated 12 months for the 6 unless you pay off the device plan, in which case they will do it immediately for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacted Pratibha at CS, repsonse was "We are not unlocking it at the monent" - not helpful sadly.

Message 40 of 45