Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Are you connected to WiFi?
Your settings might block updates over mobile data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous are you trying to do it on a data connection? Only do updates & downloading by wifi as that will work better. Try resetting network settings. Settings>gerneral>reset>reset network settings. Hopefully that will clear it, let us know if it works or not
Message 3 of 10

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Is it a new phone or a 2nd hand phone? If it is the latter then you need to ensure that your iTunes account is on the phone.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@gemz4the1 the op must have an iTunes account enabled if they have been trying to download & update so possibly either a connection problem or hardware issue
Message 5 of 10

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I know @Anonymous but when my sister gave my mum her iPhone, she didn't log out of iTunes and therefore the phone was still connected to my sisters iTunes account and she couldn't download or update any apps.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Until the op comes back & answer our questions all we can do is think of things that it might be. Doesn't sound like the issue you are talking about @gemz4the1 otherwise they'd explicitly say it wouldn't let the, log into iTunes
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous how much storage/memory do you have available on your phone, if the memory is full uninstall any apps, games or music you don't want. Also on your iPhone, in your wifi settings,

press renew lease & hopefully it will work.

Has iTunes or the App Store required you to agree to new terms because you won't be able to update or download unless you do that.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Late to the party I know, but if there were an os updates outstanding would that be preventing the phone from updating any other apps?

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous that is very possible due to the app updates being written for each IOS update whether be a major one or minor or depends on whether the app is optimised for a higher ios than what update is on the op iPhone
Message 10 of 10