cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5 not turning on

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have just received my phone back from it being "repaired", i still cant get it to respond despite it supposedly having a new battery and software update, it has been charging for close to an hour now and the screen remains black, any ideas?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
If that fails, Send it immediately back and state the fault was not fixed and the stated repairs did not take place.
Take pictures of the condition of the phone for possible later use.
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
What happens when you connect to iTunes?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like they didn't touch it. Did you use o2's repairs service?
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

nothing at all happens when i try it, charged it overnight and it was the same this morning, bit peeved off to be honest! It was out at the Repair service and i got the note back saying they had tested it and changed the battery and done the software update but it doesnt look as though anything has been done

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another anova horror story where we usually tell people to avoid them & go straight to the manufacturer. If you go to Apple, they will look at it for you but if it's out of warranty then there maybe a fee for a replacement handset
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Yes it's sad that people don't contact Apple first. They have a good repuation for advising over the phone and then taking handsets (whatever the age) in for repair. Though as @Anonymous said...if out of warranty they will charge. Apple support link here...IF needed https://www.apple.com/uk/support/contact/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a thought. My daughter has had a similar problem with her iPhone 5c not switching on even after charging overnight. When I was looking on the Apple website for help, I noticed a link to a problem relating to a faulty sleep/wake button. When I called Apple help, they said that this related to the iPhone 5 only and not the 5c or 5s. So if your phone is a 5, may be worth checking with Apple if it applies to your phone.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 9