cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5 not 4G?? yet I was told it was 4G by an 02 advisor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I am on a 4G price plan with the iphone 5, sweet as, however I only get 3g even thou I live in a 4G area, so I called on 24th June and was advised to go into a store and do a sim swap as i didnt have a 4G sim, I couldnt get to a store so I called on the 28th June where I was advised that I did have 4G and my iphone 5 was 4G enabled and I did infact have a 4G sim running in my handset, I checked again this morning and still only geting 3g even thou I am at home and I live in a 4G area, I called in to customer services again and was now advised that the iphone 5 wont support 4G... so why have i been told by 2 different advisors 2 different stories and now been told anouther story??

can any one shed some light on this?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome and very reasonable result.

Well done.

slight_smile
Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it just comes down to who you speak to and if you stay calm you get a kind result as I did, so all happy faces from myself and teh wounderful o2 customer advisor whom will have a bunch of flowers and a bottle of wine en route to her 

Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy days.

Good choice of phone too. ;£
Message 23 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it just comes down to who you speak to and if you stay calm you get a kind result as I did, so all happy faces from myself and teh wounderful o2 customer advisor whom will have a bunch of flowers and a bottle of wine en route to her 

Absolutely the right attitude @Anonymous A lot can be achieved by 'not shooting the messenger' and staying calm and polite. I had exactly the same sort of CS when I was thinking of upgrading and had problems,

Well done you. A just reward wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So pleased for you. It's amazing what the right attitude and a little patience brings...from both parties. Well done to you and O2.

Message 25 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Great result for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 26