cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5 not 4G?? yet I was told it was 4G by an 02 advisor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I am on a 4G price plan with the iphone 5, sweet as, however I only get 3g even thou I live in a 4G area, so I called on 24th June and was advised to go into a store and do a sim swap as i didnt have a 4G sim, I couldnt get to a store so I called on the 28th June where I was advised that I did have 4G and my iphone 5 was 4G enabled and I did infact have a 4G sim running in my handset, I checked again this morning and still only geting 3g even thou I am at home and I live in a 4G area, I called in to customer services again and was now advised that the iphone 5 wont support 4G... so why have i been told by 2 different advisors 2 different stories and now been told anouther story??

can any one shed some light on this?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

i took a refurb deal on the iphone 5 as i didnt like the 5c that much I should of just done the upfront payment on the 5s 😞 

Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

So if they uphold your mis selling claim what are you going to do ?

Take the 5c or pay more to have the 5s ?

Decisions decisions wink  

Message 12 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

thats the question! to be honest prob pay a bit more and go for the 5s i guess! 

Message 13 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Hope you get some satisfaction on this. We have had a few people on here with the same happening to them, being told the iphone5 was 4G ready. To be honest I don't recall anyone coming back to say they had an amicable solution from O2. Anyone recollect such a thread?

Message 14 of 26

MI5
  • 144355 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I can't think of one off top of my head tbh......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thats the question! to be honest prob pay a bit more and go for the 5s i guess! 

I use the iPhone 5s and can support it's worth it. 

To add balance : Take into account their are also good android and WP and Blackberries out there to choose from. 

However you choose good luck. Look forward to a reasonable outcome.  

Message 16 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whichever way you look at it. O2 shouldn't be selling the 5 as 4G enabled.

Yes, it is enabled, but surely there must be a blooming great memo in very bold lettering at O2 towers stating that 4G will NOT work on O2's freqs.

I'm surprised (Or perhaps not!) that Ofcom haven't had a quiet word in O2's shell about this.

Message 17 of 26

MI5
  • 144355 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I've not seen anything on the O2 website that suggests it will work on 4G - I think this is a poor CS operative that has made a serious booboo 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 26

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

On the shop pages it specifically states iphone 5 will work on 3G with a link at the side to view 4G phones. Either poor training or product knowledge from the adviser. Either way you have been misinformed/missold if you asked if it was 4G compatible. Hopefully the complaint will go in your favour. Let us know please the outcome.

Message 19 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok guys its been a while but you all wanted to know the outcome well.......... after many phone calls, manty promised but never called back by managers and a converstation with one very rude and undiplomatic man, and after a very long winded complaint the out come was........... drum roll.......... A free IPhone 5s Gold 16gb FOC and still paying the same handset price as a Iphone 5... 

A good outcome and once again a happy o2 customer slight_smile Bouncy

Message 20 of 26