cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipad

Anonymous
Not applicable

just got a quick question, if i buy ipad from o2 is it gonna be locked or unlocked ??

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/7ea32492/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All devices that O2 sell that require a sim are locked.
The only exceptions are early deliveries of a brand new device that the manufacturer / O2 hasn't had time to get locks and branding in place (this does not apply to Apple as they are locked by the carrier update).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If it takes a sim and you buy it from O2 it will be locked to the O2 network.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi vipsbhatti

Welcome to the community forum. 😄

O2 do unlock their products for customers and if you do own a cellular / wifi iPad it will be most probably locked.

To confirm try another UK non O2 SIM card in it.

Help on unlocking ->

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-network

Unlock form ->

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

This service is free to Contract Customers and £15 to Payg (T&C Apply)

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All devices that O2 sell that require a sim are locked.
The only exceptions are early deliveries of a brand new device that the manufacturer / O2 hasn't had time to get locks and branding in place (this does not apply to Apple as they are locked by the carrier update).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4