Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Reminder for overdue bill?

JoeH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For the first time ever, I received an Outlook reminder telling me to "Call back O2." I didn't remember creating this and after some brief investigation I discovered that a reminder had been added to my default iPhone Reminders list. This was synced via iCloud to Outlook.

The subject was "Call back O2", the timestamp was for the current time and the subject was a hyperlink which prompted me to call +44 330 123 9245. My bill is overdue and obviously O2 should be contacting me about this.

In the past, I would receive text messages or voicemails about overdue bills but this was the first time an iPhone Reminder was automatically created.

Did this come from the My O2 app which I have installed on my iPhone? I didn't see any settings which would allow automatic creation of reminders. I also checked my Privacy settings in iOS and nothing is authorised to use my Reminders.

Is this something in the Terms & Conditions for iPhone Pay Monthly customers?

Thanks for any help.

Joe

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I've never heard of this happening before on iPhone or Android. There is nothing at all in the t&c's that would allow this to happen automatically. Definitely nothing in iOS that would produce this. 

Message 2 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
First I've heard of it but you could call cs & ask
Message 3 of 55

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
New one on me too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 55

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Why is your bill overdue? Why aren't you paying by Direct Debit as you're supposed to be, according to the Terms & Conditions of your contract?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 55

JoeH
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not entirely sure. I have two phones and I pay one by direct debit and the other (the phone which had the iOS Reminder added to it) is paid manually every 30 days. Perhaps it's an oversight, but it's never caused a problem before.

Billing issues and configuration aside for the moment, I'm interested in how this Reminder got added.

Joe

Message 6 of 55

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 7 of 55

JoeH
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is definitely not the case.

I'll give Customer Service a call. I was curious if anyone else had seen this before.

Joe

Message 8 of 55

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 9 of 55

JoeH
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A phone call was unhelpful. An online chat was more useful.

The advisor stated this is a new way of alerting iPhone users to overdue balances.

Here is a picture of the reminder for those who are curious (I removed the top two reminders for privacy):

O2_Reminder.PNG

The advisor said there was no way for me to request this feature be turned off yet.

I have no problem with texts and voicemails for overdue balances. I do admit, however, I'm a little uneasy about a provider being able to modify my Reminders list without the ability to disable it as I can with other third-party iOS apps.

I will post the entire chat session in a follow-up post since I have the advisor's permission to do so.

Joe

Message 10 of 55