Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Reminder for overdue bill?

JoeH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For the first time ever, I received an Outlook reminder telling me to "Call back O2." I didn't remember creating this and after some brief investigation I discovered that a reminder had been added to my default iPhone Reminders list. This was synced via iCloud to Outlook.

The subject was "Call back O2", the timestamp was for the current time and the subject was a hyperlink which prompted me to call +44 330 123 9245. My bill is overdue and obviously O2 should be contacting me about this.

In the past, I would receive text messages or voicemails about overdue bills but this was the first time an iPhone Reminder was automatically created.

Did this come from the My O2 app which I have installed on my iPhone? I didn't see any settings which would allow automatic creation of reminders. I also checked my Privacy settings in iOS and nothing is authorised to use my Reminders.

Is this something in the Terms & Conditions for iPhone Pay Monthly customers?

Thanks for any help.

Joe

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

JoeH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mystery solved. It's private API. You can experience it by saying the following:

'Hey, Siri, remind me to call Bob at 1:00pm.'

If Bob is in your contact list, Siri will make a hyperlinked reminder you can click on to call Bob.

This also works with 'FaceTime Bob,' too.

Carriers, such as O2, are able to use this API. Given their integral relationship to Apple, this is not surprising.

Thanks to anyone who stuck around this long for an answer!

Message 51 of 55

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Thanks for coming back to let us know. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 52 of 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Ah, same as Cortana on Windows phones then....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 53 of 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoeH wrote:

Mystery solved. It's private API. You can experience it by saying the following:

'Hey, Siri, remind me to call Bob at 1:00pm.'

If Bob is in your contact list, Siri will make a hyperlinked reminder you can click on to call Bob.

This also works with 'FaceTime Bob,' too.

Carriers, such as O2, are able to use this API. Given their integral relationship to Apple, this is not surprising.

Thanks to anyone who stuck around this long for an answer!

And that has now been shared with quite a few people that were also very curious to know how that worked. Thanks for the update  @JoeH!

Message 55 of 55