Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7Plus review

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

So I wanted to do a mini review on the iPhone 7Plus.

i know there are a lot of reviews out there, but just wanted to to let you know what I think and if any one has any questions, will try to help.

first I got the phone from Apple Direct so can't help with any o2 delivered questions.

i upgraded from 6splus as well.

biggest thing for me was the camera.  I take lots of photos and I can say for me the phone doesn't disappoint.

in low light especially, you can tell straight away from the 6S+ to the 7+

Photos are brighter and colours are richer.

When taking pics with the flash, it now flashes a couple of times 4 I think rapidly then Takes a pic.  It's fast so u still don't miss anything, but the pics come out bright and clear.

optical zoom is also great and no problems to report.  Again colours are brighter and the digital zoom is great until x5 then does become grainier. 

Ive had no issues with calls, SMS, networks and wifi. Bluetooth connected to my car with out issues as well.

handset is 5 Grams lighter I think which doesn't sound a lot, is noticeable ( for me any way )

phone is Fast, it's like lightning in everything it does,

one thing I love and got used to in an instance is the pretend home button..  love it, but I never like the home button anyway, so this to me is great

now it's only brief but if I can answer any questions then please let me know.

if I don't know I will find out.

my phone is running IOS 10.0.2

carrier 25.1

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't wait till I get mine Bouncy

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

One question from me, is it REALLY worth the upgrade if you already own an iPhone 6s Plus? Would you recommend waiting for next years phone? I ordered the phone but with how long it's taking, it's making me think is the upgrade really worth it? 

Message 3 of 7

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Anonymous I think it depends on what you want to use the phone for.

the biggest thing for me is cameras as I take lots of photos and watch videos. I have 7000 photos on the phone and 45 videos, but only 86 songs.

the camera is very noticeable in low light especially and having the optical zoom is a bonus.

being able to watch videos in stereo sound and its lot louder too is also much better.

For every day apps like banking etc I haven't seen any speed differences, but for intense games etc it's much faster in loading, although game play to me seams no different.

screen is def a little brighter and colours are good, but it's not galaxy s7 screen, but to me it does fine and having a amoled screen isn't an issue.

Battery life is about same too, but as its newer I do get a little more out of it, but in 10 months say I wouldn't think it would be any different to what was my 6s+

ive seen no call quality issues, but the ear speaker is def louder, it's on half now and loud as before I had it on 3/4 and it wasn't loud.

network speeds again are no different.  O2 run on Cat 3 technology where I live which is a max of 102Mbps down and 51Mbps up.  Even though the phone is Cat 10, only Vodafone and EE has realeed Cat 9 and this is small areas in the U.K.  So for speed wifi and o2 speeds are the same.

i really hope the above help and if you need anything else, please let me know

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 7

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Sorry part of the text should read Not having Amoled isn't an issue.

some reason I can't edit my own post 

Confused

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@darrengf wrote:

some reason I can't edit my own post 

Confused

Out of edit time @darrengf 90 minutes is the cut off point....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Cleoriff Ah that answers that then. 😒

Thank you. 

Message 7 of 7