cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

So...has the iPhone 7 been announced or hinted at yet?

I have had almost every iphone but not the 5/6 and currently have a Lumia 1020 but thinking I may go back to Apple when February comes as that is when I can upgrade without paying anything (I was forced on to 02 refresh)

The reason for moving bsvk to Apple from Nokia is because of updating, it is a lot more annoying and buggy compared to that of Apple.

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@PhoneChanger wrote:
Completely agree Jonsie. Once WWDC has passed in June it will only get worse 😉

I have vowed to take 'early hibernation' in September. LOL

I lived through my first iPhone launch on the forum last year..... Good god... is all I can say about that...Confused

It's a humbling experience and is only in September that you realise there are two gods.....

Message 31 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Yup

Great. I use it for long journeys like too and from Sheffield so it is important that my new device has WAZE support. The Lumia has it but compared to the iOS version it is rubbish, it's more like "WAZE lite".

@viridis wrote:
Honestly, get a note, why pay substantially more for an inferior product? Seriously why would anybody?

When choosing a device I like to choose one that looks nice or has nice features. For me (as a parent) I chose the Lumia 1020 as it has a great camera which is great if taking lots of pics. Like I do.

Also, before I had an iPhone I chose Nokia and infact if I look back at my years I think Nokia has been the choice for me all the time.

Think I will try out Samsung when my new upgrade date comes.

Also due to previous experience I think I will also choose a different network to O2, I have been with them for over 10 years in total and yet I get no discount or incentive to stay and was pushed onto O2 Refresh, which I do not like.

Message 32 of 79

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As ever,  go for the best deal but check coverage with a free P&G sim first. Loyalty doesn't exist in today's market.

Message 33 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous wrote:

When choosing a device I like to choose one that looks nice or has nice features. For me (as a parent) I chose the Lumia 1020 as it has a great camera which is great if taking lots of pics. Like I do.

Also, before I had an iPhone I chose Nokia and infact if I look back at my years I think Nokia has been the choice for me all the time.

Also due to previous experience I think I will also choose a different network to O2, I have been with them for over 10 years in total and yet I get no discount or incentive to stay and was pushed onto O2 Refresh, which I do not like.

Have you considered buying the phone outright? It can often work out cheaper buying an unlocked handset and then taking a "sim only" deal. Pay monthly contracts are only a means of financing the cost of the handset, and whilst O2 Refresh may seem to be a fairer way of doing it, all networks are looking to make some interest on the deal. If you do need finance, why not shop around to find a better deal to suit yourself?

Message 34 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not in a position financially to buy a phone outright.

Message 35 of 79

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Would just like to point out that with O2 Refresh, most handsets (including iPhones) are cheaper than buying outright, even from Apple.
Message 36 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
There a few 0% or low interest deals out there. But it's just a case of shopping around for the best deals, and if that happens to be O2 Refresh at the time, then of course it's worth considering.
Message 37 of 79

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

SteveQuinn wrote:

Any Samsungs that have taken your fancy in particular @Anonymous?

You'll find many Samsung fans here slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 38 of 79

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Always do the research. Two years is a long time to be tied in if you aren't happy......

Message 39 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Any Samsungs that have taken your fancy in particular @Anonymous?

You'll find many Samsung fans here slight_smile

Galaxy Note 5 seems pretty neat according to this: http://www.knowyourmobile.com/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note-5/23133/samsung-galaxy-note-5-five-killer-features-detailed

Message 40 of 79