cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 delivery

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems as though the majority of people who preordered on the 9th September have recieved a text from O2 about their order.. whether it's been dispatched or delayed. 

I haven't recieved any texts from either O2 or DPD. What does this mean as now I can't track my order and I have absolutely no idea of when to expect it? Thought it would be delievered today but it's not. The only thing I can see is that the order is pending in My O2.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have the same issue, i preordered on the 9th and it seems to have been a waste of time reserving a phone that O2 clearly don't have access to.
Not had a text or email regarding delivery or delay either.
spoke to a customer service guy this morning and he said the iphone 7 + wont be in stock with o2 for another 7 days at least.

What makes me more mad about the delay is that they kept taking preorders, fooling their customers into thinking the iphone is sat there with your name on it until the 16th!

Similar happened a couple of years ago when i wanted to upgrade, the upgrade went through and the wait was about 4 weeks, i then made a new account as a new customer and received the new phone next day! Leaves me wondering if 'new' customers are getting the first batch....
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Feel a little bit better knowing that I'm not the only one! But you're quite right. I'd have been better off paying off my current contract (due to end in October anyway) and just gone into store today and set up a new account.

Message 3 of 26

mrsbaker1
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Was just on the web chat with them and they kindly offered to cancel my upgrade and order....jokers
Message 4 of 26

Waqqy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just got an email from o2 with a tracking number saying its been dispatched and is going to be here via dpd slight_smile I ordered the jet black 128gb iPhone7. Hope you all get yours  soon.

Message 5 of 26

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

When you pre-ordered, you’d have been shown an estimated delivery timescale on the order page. For some customers, this would have been today – 16th September – but due to the market-wide delay in receiving iPhone stock, some of those customers won’t have received their delivery when they expected and we’d have sent a text to update them. For other customers, we aim to deliver in the original timescale quoted during your order and you can monitor ‘My O2’ for status updates.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally got to speak to someone on the web chat and they said to expect an email or SMS in 24 hours. At least then I'll know how much longer I've got to wait! I ordered the same as you so fingers crossed I won't be too far behind!

Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

When you pre-ordered, you’d have been shown an estimated delivery timescale on the order page. For some customers, this would have been today – 16th September – but due to the market-wide delay in receiving iPhone stock, some of those customers won’t have received their delivery when they expected and we’d have sent a text to update them. For other customers, we aim to deliver in the original timescale quoted during your order and you can monitor ‘My O2’ for status updates.

Hi @Toby

I understand that, that's fine and fair enough - nothing I can do about that. My issue is that everyone else seems to have had this SMS message apart from me so I was a little concerned as to where I stood and quite out of the loop and not very reassured. I've had to search and ask a lot of other people what's going on as O2 have seemed to go radio silent on me.

Thanks

Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just spoke to someone on chat who, for once, was helpful. He confirmed they've been out of stock but have received more and are working through pre-orders on first come first serve basis. Don't know what models they have exactly but he at least he answered my question directly. 

Message 9 of 26

dene129
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 105 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

If it helps i have been left in the dark too, no text or email except when i did the pre order. I ordered a jest black 7plus with 256.  web cat said i should wait in all day tomorrow too just incase i get a text or email as it could be sent any time.  O2 seem to have noidea what stock they have got or getting they told me it could be 48 hours but no gaurantee.  There is not even a mesage from O2 on there web page regarding the delay.

IPhone x ordered from apple Crazy
Iphone 7 Plus Jet Black256
ordered 0940 9/9/16
Message 10 of 26