cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 Plus delivery

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been a loyal O2 customer for over 10 years and through every single iPhone launch. Pre ordered iPhone 7 Plus 128gb Black (as no jet black available) at 08.25 on pre order day (9/9). Opted for click and collect at store thinking it would be quickest (was last year at least). At one point during one of the many steps and online queues I recall seeing "delivery within 2 weeks" flash up (which on 9/9 I naively took as being another phrase for launch day delivery) but never tonne seen again.

Result:

Promptly received confirmation ... with no collection date. Received upgrade confirmation text. And then ... NOTHING!

Walked to the store on launch day and they said they didn't have my order and were clueless as to when I'd received it. Called up O2 CS with same outcome. CS put me on hold for 30 mins and unbeknown to me called up store to ask again when I had already told them what store folk had said. Madness!!

All the while I am receiving text messages from O2 that maybe I should consider upgrading my contract!! BUT I ALREADY DID AND HAVE A CONFIRMATIKN LETTER TO PROVE IT!!! IS THIS A SICK JOKE?!?

@O2admin - your sorry excuse of a team has a day to give me a timeline for my delivery before I cancel my order + upgrade and take my business elsewhere. Have never felt more messed around by a company. Thanks for failing so phenomenally O2!!!
Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're not happy. As you may be aware, there’s been a market-wide delay in receiving iPhone stock this year. We realise the disappointment and annoyance this has caused for the customers who have not received their phone on launch day. We’re working closely with Apple and doing all we can to improve the situation and assure you we’ll be in touch as soon as we’re able to progress your order. 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

21st october

just advised by platinum CS support that iphone 7+ 128GB in black will not be delivered until October 21st (order placed online at 9:30 on 9th). No emails, no text alerts, and advised yesterday by the same team that would be delivered to store today. 

I have been advised to email complaintsreviewservice@o2.com with my name and account number along with the details of the complaint for review.

Also advised that they are making an announcement on Tuesday when they expect more information.

Message 2 of 35

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're not happy. As you may be aware, there’s been a market-wide delay in receiving iPhone stock this year. We realise the disappointment and annoyance this has caused for the customers who have not received their phone on launch day. We’re working closely with Apple and doing all we can to improve the situation and assure you we’ll be in touch as soon as we’re able to progress your order. 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 35

Naywa01
Level 3: Thinker
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Toby, I think most people will be aware of shortages. The issue that I see almost everyone reporting is the extremely poor (or non-existent) customer communication. I get better order updates from auctions on eBay!

All we want is accurate and **honest** information. Frankly the so called 'order tracking' on MyO2 is not worth the name or fit for purpose, that's assuming of course you can find the right link - maybe this is the reason you make it so difficult to find.

Either way I'm now eagerly awaiting the 20th for the rumoured supply update from o2, although I'm now not holding my breath.

By the way I preordered at around 9am on the 9th a Matt black 7+ 256gb for click and collect. Live chat told me yesterday to expect it on or before the 23rd, CS told me on phone today they couldn't tell me and had no idea why I'd been told that!
Message 4 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
The biggest issue is the lack of communication, the message was simple "If your phone is delayed we will text you" well my mat black 7+ 256 should of been delivered yesterday....... and I still have nothing! No phone, no text, no email!!! Every time you ring, they know nothing and so far, 4 phone calls I have had 4 different messages! Will I get it? Who knows? Do I regret leaving Vodafone.... just a little.
Message 5 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please can you explain exactly how you are working with Apple to fulfill preorders, surely you mean you are just waiting for a delivery ?

Please feel free to explain "How you are working with Apple etc" and correct me if I'm mistaken. 

Message 6 of 35

Naywa01
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Agree with Dave, "working with" means nothing, like most of the empty responses so far. It reminiscent of the interviews you see with sports people "for sure... we'll try our best... and see what happens tomorrow... etc etc"

Either o2 have a plan or they don't; if there is a plan surely some detail is available - e.g. "We are talking to Apple about expediting additional stock from [insert hub location here]... we expect to be able to provide an update on this by [insert date here]... customers will be updated on [MyO2\email\text] as to the status of their confirmed pre-orders following finalisation of this plan..". These guys are supposedly running the #1 UK communications network, so why is it so difficult to plan and **communicate** effectively?
Message 7 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are Really starting to annoy me now with the constant 'we are sorry' and 'world wide shortage' talk. As already stated, everyone can except the shortage. What people are quite rightly annoyed about is the lack of communication. I have an iPhone 7+ due, ordered on the 9th at 9am. Apart from original confirmation email / text I've received nothing. They have changed my tariff and taken money upfront for a phone which they never had to sell in the first place. Unless I get some sort of email / text on Monday I'm cancelling and moving network.

It's shocking CS.
Message 8 of 35

Naywa01
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
By the way this nonsense about your order being on its way when MyO2 order status changes to complete really doesn't help. What would be really really nice to know is when the status is likely to change **in advance** of when it actually happens! So we're not in the dark as to if it will 1, 3, 6 or 8 weeks before the status will change. My order just says "in progress", so maybe I'll get it just in time for the annual upgrade to become available for the next iPhone!
Message 9 of 35

Naywa01
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Apple Store app is quoting 2 - 3 weeks delivery for iPhone 7+ 256 in Matt black (and other colours/capacities). I checked this by going all the way through to the checkout stage. Again why can O2 not give a similar (or any) estimate, rather than nothing at all for a confirmed pre-order?
Message 10 of 35