Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 Launch - Plans?

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thought it would be fun to create a launch thread,for your iPhone 7 plans!!!

My iPhone 6, 2 year contract with O2, naturally comes to an end this September - just in time for the iPhone 7 launch.  Lets hope the 7 doesn't come with yet another 2 year contract?!!!!

So what are your plans - where will you be getting yours?!!

I'm not sure I'll be queuing up for the 7 this time around - far easier to order online!  I remember queuing up for the iPhone 4!! I posted my story on the old O2 forums (probably in some deep dark basement cellar by now!) but essentially, I queued up at the Apple Store in Bromley, where they were handing out cakes, coffees and all sort of stuff to people waiting!   Weirdly though, I'd struck up a friendship with some random poster on the forums, and we arranged to meet up and go together - good job he didn't turn out to be an axe murderer or something!!!!

Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
To be fair tho, if Samsung stuck a 720p screen on an S7 it would go like a missile,....
Message 51 of 109

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
...strangely tho, tech reviewers would pan it... For being such low resolution in 2016 (check ANY android 1080p flagship review from this year) Strange that kind of favortism, always made me wonder.
Message 52 of 109

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Never used an iPhone...Never will. One son is an iFanboy.....but I have always wondered if someone left him under a gooseberry bush...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 109

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

the 9.7 iPad Pro. 

Ooh, I've wanted to give one of those a go @Anonymous, nice choice. I've used Android and Apple and do find Apple navigation generally easier; The most important thing in a device for me. I will however pick a Sony tablet over the next iPad wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 54 of 109

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Mate, some top prices on tablet Z3 compact atm. For what it is, it's a steal and much more portable than the 10" ones.
Message 55 of 109

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/tablets/xperia-z3-tablet-compact/

I've had one for a month or do and it's very capable for its size (teehee)
Got as much power as Z3 phone and is really robust for its size.
If looking for smaller than 10" but still want top features (hi res. DSEE HX, PS4 Remote play, noise cancelling.. Etc etc) you won't get better.
Message 56 of 109

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous I'm thinking of getting my next phone off line and going on a sim only deal. You can save so much money that way and dont have to be tied into a long contract. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 57 of 109

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have a Z2 10" tablet coming soon which is pretty good value for the money....I am expecting good things from it anyway....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 58 of 109

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You won't be disappointed, z2 tablet had so many features added to it in lollipop update it's like a different machine.
Had one of those for a few weeks now too.. 😉 It's really good.
Message 59 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@Anonymous I'm thinking of getting my next phone off line and going on a sim only deal. You can save so much money that way and dont have to be tied into a long contract. 

You defintely can. Plus if you want to get next years model, you can get most of your money back from your old iPhone when you sell it, which leaves only a small amount of money to put till, as iPhone's really hold their value, especially if you keep them in mint condition. slight_smile

Message 60 of 109