Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 Launch - Plans?

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thought it would be fun to create a launch thread,for your iPhone 7 plans!!!

My iPhone 6, 2 year contract with O2, naturally comes to an end this September - just in time for the iPhone 7 launch.  Lets hope the 7 doesn't come with yet another 2 year contract?!!!!

So what are your plans - where will you be getting yours?!!

I'm not sure I'll be queuing up for the 7 this time around - far easier to order online!  I remember queuing up for the iPhone 4!! I posted my story on the old O2 forums (probably in some deep dark basement cellar by now!) but essentially, I queued up at the Apple Store in Bromley, where they were handing out cakes, coffees and all sort of stuff to people waiting!   Weirdly though, I'd struck up a friendship with some random poster on the forums, and we arranged to meet up and go together - good job he didn't turn out to be an axe murderer or something!!!!

Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@DinoF wrote:

My "upgrade" (my iPhone 6 2 year contract naturally expires next month - I can even upgrade today, for a £25 fee!) may actually be a downgrade to an iPhone 5s!!!!

Crazy

I loved the 5S! The shape and size was perfect for me. The 6 is lovely too, but the 5S was the perfect size for me personally. I oddly prefer that it is slightly heavier too, is that strange? It felt stronger.

I'll be eager to hear about any of the iPhone 7s USPs. Once anyone finds out any news on the keynote, let us all know :).

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 91 of 109

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

So..............

Its now official - Apple's iPhone 7 Keynote is next week on September 7th:

https://9to5mac.com/2016/08/29/apple-event-date-iphone-7/

Bouncy

Wonder if they will releaase the 7,exactly 1 week later, like they normally do and whether or not, they'll release iOS 10 after the Keynote?

Its all getting too much...........!!!!!!

Happy Dance

Message 92 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DinoF wrote:

So..............

Its now official - Apple's iPhone 7 Keynote is next week on September 7th:

https://9to5mac.com/2016/08/29/apple-event-date-iphone-7/

Bouncy

Wonder if they will releaase the 7,exactly 1 week later, like they normally do and whether or not, they'll release iOS 10 after the Keynote?

Its all getting too much...........!!!!!!

Happy Dance

I reckon pre orders (on Apple's wbesite) will start on Friday 9 September and released/delivered around the 16 September. Or course I could be completely wrong. We'll know for definite in 8 days Smiley Very Happy

I think last year with iOS 9, it was available to same day as the Keynote.

Message 93 of 109

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
My guess is it will be available for pre-order from the 9th with delivery 1 week later.

iOS 10 usually follows the keynote.
Message 94 of 109

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Feel free to post updates from the keynote guys. Here, or in a new Keynote thread slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 95 of 109

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Feel free to post updates from the keynote guys. Here, or in a new Keynote thread slight_smile

...how about changing the title of the thread to somethng like, 'iPhone 7 Launch/Keynote' and perhaps pinning it to the top? We can then post updates when it all kicks off (otherwise they'll be a million and one threads being started on the day, all posting the same thing!!!).

Thoughts?

Message 96 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

FYI envirofone are offering £451 for a 6s Plus 128GB unlocked. With code "VCAUGUST5" it goes up to £473.

Code expires tomorrow. Should get 21 days to trade in at that price (14 days std + extra 7 offered on day 13 if they havent received your phone by then)

Just going to have a think if this will be better than my free upgrade with O2 due to my tarriff, or if I want to upgrade at all lol.

Message 97 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys

FYI envirofone are offering £451 for a 6s Plus 128GB unlocked. With code "VCAUGUST5" it goes up to £473.

Code expires tomorrow. Should get 21 days to trade in at that price (14 days std + extra 7 offered on day 13 if they havent received your phone by then)

Just going to have a think if this will be better than my free upgrade with O2 due to my tarriff, or if I want to upgrade at all lol.

Not a bad price, but like all of these places, you can get more selling privately. The beauty of Envirofone and the like is the convenience.

For example, an iPhone 6s Plus 64GB in mint condition you can easily pull £500 and especially an unlocked one. That's what I have my 6s Plus 64GB sold for. Last year 6 Plus's in the size, condition I've mentioned were making between £500-£540. That's the good thing with Apple stuff, it really holds its value.

Message 98 of 109

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@DinoF wrote:

@Toby wrote:

...how about changing the title of the thread to somethng like, 'iPhone 7 Launch/Keynote' and perhaps pinning it to the top? We can then post updates when it all kicks off (otherwise they'll be a million and one threads being started on the day, all posting the same thing!!!).

Thoughts?

Sounds like a plan @DinoF, go ahead! Let me know when you'd like us to change your OP title.

Get involved:

Message 99 of 109

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

@DinoF wrote:

@Toby wrote:

Thoughts?

Sounds like a plan @DinoF, go ahead! Let me know when you'd like us to change your OP title.

...right away @Toby - change it as soon as you see this!!

Message 100 of 109