Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 Launch - Plans?

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thought it would be fun to create a launch thread,for your iPhone 7 plans!!!

My iPhone 6, 2 year contract with O2, naturally comes to an end this September - just in time for the iPhone 7 launch.  Lets hope the 7 doesn't come with yet another 2 year contract?!!!!

So what are your plans - where will you be getting yours?!!

I'm not sure I'll be queuing up for the 7 this time around - far easier to order online!  I remember queuing up for the iPhone 4!! I posted my story on the old O2 forums (probably in some deep dark basement cellar by now!) but essentially, I queued up at the Apple Store in Bromley, where they were handing out cakes, coffees and all sort of stuff to people waiting!   Weirdly though, I'd struck up a friendship with some random poster on the forums, and we arranged to meet up and go together - good job he didn't turn out to be an axe murderer or something!!!!

Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

My favourite iPhone of all time is the 5s Gold, I upgraded to the iPhone 6 which is a good phone, but I defintley prefer the 5s!!! the 7 better be a beast and worth the early upgrade.

Message 81 of 109

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Welcome @Anonymous!

What do you think is essential in the next iPhone from your point of view? What's missing now that you need?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 82 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

From a processor/processing power point of view. The iPhone 7 is going to blitz every other smartphone available by a very large amount.

Here's a speed comparison that Phone Buff done between the iPhone 6s (a now nearly year old phone) and the brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 7.

I was surprised by how much it was beaten. If the test were done with the iPhone 7, then the difference would have been greater, has no doubt it will have the A10 processor which will be more powerful than the current A9 processor.

Some people might say, not every one is bothered about processor power, but the processor effects basically everything you do on your phone, from the speed of loading apps, to processing video to name a couple.

Message 83 of 109

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

....all I'm gonna say is this - judging by the leaks of the iPhone 7, which we keep seeing, its gonna be pretty much, exactly the same shape as the current iPhone 6 - which is a little disappointing.....!!!

Jumps from the 3G to the 4, then the 4 to the 5, and then the 5 to the 6, were ALL major body changes however, the iPhone 7, just looks like a revamped iPhone 6 with the same body?!

My "upgrade" (my iPhone 6 2 year contract naturally expires next month - I can even upgrade today, for a £25 fee!) may actually be a downgrade to an iPhone 5s!!!!

Crazy

Message 84 of 109

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's a speed comparison that Phone Buff done between the iPhone 6s (a now nearly year old phone) and the brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 7.

I was surprised by how much it was beaten. If the test were done with the iPhone 7, then the difference would have been greater, has no doubt it will have the A10 processor which will be more powerful than the current A9 processor.

With so few comparable services running, id expect it to be beaten by an iPhone.

But just for the record...

That is the 6s correct?

OK good, your little bit at the end is voided by the fact the processing power of one of these phones pushed quad HD at 60fps.

The other is stuck in 2012 at 750p

That's a quarter the pixels.

So, unless that iPhone is exactly 4x faster than the note, you just pointed out the note is more powerful.

Message 85 of 109

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/benchmarks

Has test result from a lot of devices let's look up scores there

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 86 of 109

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/benchmarks

Has test result from a lot of devices let's look up scores there

I have had a quick look at some of those comparisons. Not sure how anyone could produce adequate results for the Note 7 when it hasn't been released yet?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 87 of 109

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Cleoriff loads of them will have already gone to the press etc for review and maybe some fo the becnhmarking companies

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 88 of 109

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Yes they are always released to trusted reviewers so that they can publish, usually favourable, results. Its the independent reviewers that I look at after the phone has been launched.
Message 89 of 109

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I understand. The Note 4 is still looking good though....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 90 of 109