Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 Launch - Plans?

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thought it would be fun to create a launch thread,for your iPhone 7 plans!!!

My iPhone 6, 2 year contract with O2, naturally comes to an end this September - just in time for the iPhone 7 launch.  Lets hope the 7 doesn't come with yet another 2 year contract?!!!!

So what are your plans - where will you be getting yours?!!

I'm not sure I'll be queuing up for the 7 this time around - far easier to order online!  I remember queuing up for the iPhone 4!! I posted my story on the old O2 forums (probably in some deep dark basement cellar by now!) but essentially, I queued up at the Apple Store in Bromley, where they were handing out cakes, coffees and all sort of stuff to people waiting!   Weirdly though, I'd struck up a friendship with some random poster on the forums, and we arranged to meet up and go together - good job he didn't turn out to be an axe murderer or something!!!!

Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hey @DinoF,

Would you like to create a thread when the news releases? We can then point all related threads to it as a central hub slight_smile

With the iPhone 7, I'm eager to see if there are any headphone port updates, as well if they decide to release a 4K iPhone.

We will get lots of threads on it guys, but that's just the way it is with such a popular subject :). We'll also make sure to update with any info from the team too.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 109

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Hey @DinoF,

Would you like to create a thread when the news releases? We can then point all related threads to it as a central hub slight_smile

With the iPhone 7, I'm eager to see if there are any headphone port updates, as well if they decide to release a 4K iPhone.

We will get lots of threads on it guys, but that's just the way it is with such a popular subject :). We'll also make sure to update with any info from the team too.

....how about keeping this one pinned at the top - that way, it can stay at the top of the forum right up until release day?! 

You could perhaps change the title to " iPhone 7 Launch - Plans/News"?!

...and on an unrelated note - I'm off to sunny Mayorca tomorrow for 2 weeks!! Bouncy

Message 12 of 109

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@DinoF wrote:

@Toby wrote:

Hey @DinoF,

....how about keeping this one pinned at the top - that way, it can stay at the top of the forum right up until release day?! 

...and on an unrelated note - I'm off to sunny Mayorca tomorrow for 2 weeks!! Bouncy

Have a great time Dino slight_smile

Message 13 of 109

Chattymuch
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

My iphone 7 plan is to go out an buy a good phone. Like maybe a Samsung.:smileywink:

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica"
Message 14 of 109

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Chattymuch wrote:

My iphone 7 plan is to go out an buy a good phone. Like maybe a Samsung.:smileywink:

Top man Good Idea

Message 15 of 109

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @DinoF,

A new one may be better, as we now have lots of replies here haha. Either is fine, but if its this one, we'd need to tidy it up.

Have an awesome time out there! Not jealous one bit wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 16 of 109

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks @DinoF I think if I do pick one up it will be one of the older models (kinda got my heart set on the S7 Edge) so I'll take a look at the 5. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 109

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby Last year an iPhone 6 FAQ thread was produced by some of us. I presume this could be used again just with a title change? The questions and answers would surely be the same?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 109

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
aye phone all you like, but i might naw answer slight_smile

Overprized and no real innovation.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 19 of 109

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Toby Last year an iPhone 6 FAQ thread was produced by some of us. I presume this could be used again just with a title change? The questions and answers would surely be the same?

You would think..

Message 20 of 109