cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6s, extremely slow or no 3G, no 4G at all

Anonymous
Not applicable

iPhone 6s, moved 4G sim from old phone to new. 3G occasionally works but extremely slow, few mins to load a simple web page. 4G never comes up. I can see O2 mast from my window, status checker all green, reset phone, reset network settings few times nothing seems to help. Tried idata and mobile for APN settings as some people suggests.

Sent ACTIVE (or ACTIVATE) to 2020 several times. That service seems to be broken as well. I get a response saying they are having difficulty to sent settings, asking me to contact customer services. On few occasions, response message from 2020 included a phone number to call (which charges 25p per min), when I call the number, recording says it is no longer in use and gives me a new number. New number says at least 30 mins wait.

Trying chat line this morning, they are usually quite responsive, waiting for 2 hours so far, keep getting sorry we are very busy messages.

Is it just me or many people having problems with the upgrade and support lines overloaded ? Any other solution you can recommend for the issue I am having ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

You may need a new sim card is the first thing that springs to mind? If so you can pop into any O2 shop and they will swap everything over for you.

You may want to take the sim out clean it gently and reinsert,,,reboot the phone.

Other than that check your settings against everything in this help link

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/m-p/54...

Edited for spelling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Data settings here, no need to bother with 2020 http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Connecting-iPhone-to-Data-Services/m-p/54...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responses, should be an issue with the local mast. Went to a different area earlier, 3G and 4G was working fine.

Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here, done everything included sim swap......still no 4g, only 3G or gprs??
Waiting for phone exchange.....not happy so far!
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I assume you have turned 4g on in settings?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
iPhone 6s , the 4g is on, had to do all types of resetting etc with the gurus......but still no 4g.
Waiting for an exchange phone to see if it sorts thing out.
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Hope that sorts t for you. If not you need to check your account is ok with customer service. 

Message 10 of 11