cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S O2 Wifi Hotspot Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been raised already, just require a bit of assistance if possible.

I recently upgraded from a 5 to a 6S. When i had my 5, i created accounts for a number of public wifi spots to save data, as i'm sure we all do. Whenever i went to locations with my 5, it connected automaticall, no issues. All my data and passwords were transferred to my 6S upon upgrade. When i go to these same location now, at the top of my homepage it shows that i am connected to the wifi, as it does in the settings tab. However, when i open a browser, all i get is ""Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server". It is growing hugely frustrating. When going into other public hotspots that i have not had a previous account with, i get the pop up when i open Safari asking me to sign up/login. But not with hotspots i already have an account with???

One friend suggested i reset my network settings - done and no different. One said i should get the O2 wifi app, set up an account on that ad then i'm good to go - done and no different.

Can anyone offer eny help? Anything i can do from my end?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

At this point anything is worth a try wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for this reply! I had the same problem with my iphone 7, typed in 1.0.0.0 in the URL bar and it all worked slight_smile

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Glad it was helpful to you too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13