cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6+

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I recently had an issue with my screen that it become unresponsive, as my phone was past it's years warranty I took the phone to get fixed from a local company.

On receiving the phone the gentleman advised me that whoever had replaced the screen previously had done a botch job and that it needed more work than first expected (he didn't charge me any extra than first advised before it's assumed)

Well, I advised him that the phone had not been touched from anyone since I took out my contract and he advised that it had definately been tampered with as there was a visible finger print inside the phone.

I am pretty annoyed that o2 have sold me a refurbed phone by the looks of it and I would like to know the best route to go down to have this investigated. I am paying full cost for the phone on my plan when, at best, this is a second hand unit.

Thanks,

Jason

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Firstly call CS on 202 and explain the problem.
If you don't get a satisfactory answer out of them you can raise a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Firstly call CS on 202 and explain the problem.
If you don't get a satisfactory answer out of them you can raise a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take it to Apple. Don't let o2 repairs near it
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Apple won't be able to help as the repair has already been carried out and the phone opened. O2 complaints is the way to go but they will probably deny any liability.

Message 4 of 6

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Welcome to the community Jason, sorry to hear about the issue you're having.

O2 wouldn't have sold you a refurbished phone without your knowledge, and it would have been obvious from the packaging and invoice at the time that the phone was indeed refurbished. It doesn't sound like what you're being told in store is accurate. It's always best going to the manufacturer for repairs, as these independent agents have no accreditation and usually no formal training to carry out the role they advertise.

It might be worth booking an appointment with a Genius at your local Apple store to see if there's anything they can do with the phone, or offer a refurbsihed model at a subsidised price https://getsupport.apple.com/

Alternatively, how long do you have left of your contract and where did you get it from?

Message 5 of 6

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Get a report from the repair shop to support your complaint. The issue is proving it was o2.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 6