cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 keeps dropping service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on IOS 8.0.2 and my iPhone 6 keeps losing service.  One minute it will be fine and the next minute it will show No Service, without me moving it or touching it.  I never had a problem with service on my iPhone 5 in the same places, so it does seem to be specific to this handset.

Anybody else having an issue like this?

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add I know how frustrating this is to you as it's happened to me before where I was restarting my phone a lot of times a day. And as for iPhones it's nothing to do with them I've had every one since the 3G wink
Message 31 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too had this problem. Initially I thought it was my contract swapping over (from a £27 direct O2 account to a £33 O2 Carphonewarehouse account) so didn't think anything of it. Then I had to turn my phone off for other reasons and when I switched it back on, it was fine so my instant reaction was 'ah, that's everything swapped over'. Just over 24 hours later I lost service again. That's when I started to think there wasn't something right. I switched the phone off and on and service resumed, only to disappear again that night. The next day when I woke up without service, I KNEW there must be a problem. My instant reaction was that it was the handset because I'd done a direct sim transfer from my previous iPhone 5 so I didn't think the sim could possibly be the problem. I took the phone into the Carphonewarehouse who advised going across to the O2 shop to do a simswap instore. I was a bit agitated at this point because I was convinced my sim wasn't the problem. The O2 assistant was very helpful and advised that "waves" could have been damaged when transfering the sim. I imagine this is to do with the fact that the nano sim is tiny and therefore more prone to slight faults, particularly when moving one to the other. Anyway - he did the swap and SO FAR, I've had a pretty consistent service. Nothing to do with the handset. If you are having issues I reccommend a simswap. Even if you had a nanosim before and assume you'll be able to do a direct transfer, the likeliness is the sim might have been knocked about (without you realising) when setting up the new phone. Remember it's tiny so more sensitive. Phew.

Message 32 of 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

We certainly hear more about sim problems these days, whether there is indeed a problem with the swap process or just the quality of the micro and nano sims it looks like a starting point for anyone having problems initially when changing phones or tariff.

Message 33 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this problem. I swapped my sim and same thing. Rang O2 and basically because my plan and the phone is on a 4g tariff and I get zero 4g around here I had to go into settings and turn 4g off which basically takes me back into 3G and then signal came back stronger and no service drops. Might be of use to some people out there that, like me get no 4g. 😀
Message 34 of 39

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I agree @jonsie I think maybe it is the sims that are poor quality and that is why a lot of people are having problems 😞

Message 35 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having same problem did switching sim solve it?
Message 36 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Having same problem did switching sim solve it?

It should be the first thing to try......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 37 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi-I bought my iphone6 last week and i am having the same issue.  It happens once a day and i have to switch it off and back on again.  I have searched for networks but nothing seems to be working - i am about to contact apple now.

Did you find a fix?

Message 38 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi-I bought my iphone6 last week and i am having the same issue.  It happens once a day and i have to switch it off and back on again.  I have searched for networks but nothing seems to be working - i am about to contact apple now.

Did you find a fix?

It appears that swapping the sim has fixed many of these issues....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 39