cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 and o2 Open discount code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I have been given a 02 Open code from a friend, today I went into a o2 store to pre-order the iPhone 6 and was told the open code cannot be applied to iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus because o2 are delaying the open code discount for iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus handsets. Is this true??

I don't see that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus is not mentioned in o2 open code discount terms and conditions - http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/o2-open-terms-and-conditions

Thank you,

Phone folk

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Anonymous
Not applicable

what is the point having this discount for an upgrade when you have to wait until the phone is 6 months old

Message 61 of 85

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93233 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

what is the point having this discount for an upgrade when you have to wait until the phone is 6 months old

This has been pretty much the case for iPhone launch.

Maybe it'll be less than 6 months this time around - I can but hope for you. 

Message 63 of 85

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Rules is rules.... you can take a different phone and get the discount if you wish?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 64 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I found this thread....

I have been going into my local o2 store for the past few months waiting for the iphone 6 to be added and each time I get different information about the scheme!

1st visit in October I was told that it wasn’t on the scheme but should be available before Christmas. 2nd visit was early December was told that it would be after Christmas, the my last visit was on Monday where I got told it would be in January!

Clearly they don’t have a clue!

Message 65 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi gav77 and Welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear this thread and enclosed info has helped.

Maybe mention us when you can use the discount on the iPhone 6. 😉
Message 66 of 85

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
The shops won't know until someone at head office makes the decision.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 67 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
So in fairness the staff shouldn't be guessing timeframes.
Message 68 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

The staff shouldn't be guessing anything really....one would expect that they would already know.

Its a bit much when the forum tends to know more than staff employed by O2....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 69 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks bandofbrothers

Agreed they should not be guessing!  I'll head back in Feb and see what they say.

Message 70 of 85