cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 and o2 Open discount code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I have been given a 02 Open code from a friend, today I went into a o2 store to pre-order the iPhone 6 and was told the open code cannot be applied to iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus because o2 are delaying the open code discount for iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus handsets. Is this true??

I don't see that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus is not mentioned in o2 open code discount terms and conditions - http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/o2-open-terms-and-conditions

Thank you,

Phone folk

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's ridiculous.

No staff member in store or online could give a valid explanation as to why the o2 open code can't be used on the iphone 6 refresh.  they just tried selling me a different phone!!

I then complained to o2.  there response was that they wanted to offer all customers a fair deal!

I pointed out that the 'fair deal' is not a good reason as they dont care about 'fair deals' on other phones, so why iphone 6. 

They said that they could not confirm when it would be available on o2 open rewards.  it could be a week or two, 6 months or longer.

I finally pointed out that they dont care about fair deals in 6 months when they let us use the code.

Personally i think it is some jobs worths descision who does not agree with the o2 rewards scheme.

i'm torn between staying with o2 (a network i like) or going to Vodafone and getting my discount on an iphone 6.

Message 21 of 85

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Usually, any new iPhone is excluded at launch on O2.... Has been for the past few years.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 85

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Business common sense really. You have a product that you can't get enough of, people are queueing in their droves to get their hands on one, you have a limited supply line...why would you discount it?

Message 23 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its utter absurdity and madness they do not accep the Open codes for the iPhone 6.

Message 24 of 85

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Makes perfectly good business sense to me.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's already plenty of iphone 6s in stock, shops I've asked in say they have it in store, and even the grey ones they can get in a few days. So there's clearly no shortage of availability yet o2 are forcing 1000s of pounds of custom a time to go elsewhere. Not sure where you guys ^^ got your business qualifications but I hope you're not in charge of revenue...
Message 26 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
We can as customers only guess why they do not include the new iPhones.

As far as I'm aware O2 have not officially stated why they take this avenue.
Message 27 of 85

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Just out of interest, do you have a business and economics degree in the mobile phone sector of the market?

Currently using:
Message 28 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds about as much use as a history of arts degree...
However I hope you're not implying that you feel you'd need to go through 3 years of undergraduate study to realise that o2 are throwing money away?
I mean they have the phone stock, they have potential+existing customers, yet they aren't meeting the demand and forcing business elsewhere. Bizarre.
Case in point, I would have gone with o2 but I'm now going for vodafone because they'll do my corporate discount on any phone/package. Thats £1200 less for o2.
I can understand say the first week or 2 where its just a mad frenzy, but any longer is daft
Message 29 of 85

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I leave those decisions to those who are qualified and who are paid to make them which certainly isn't me wink

Currently using:
Message 30 of 85