cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 and o2 Open discount code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I have been given a 02 Open code from a friend, today I went into a o2 store to pre-order the iPhone 6 and was told the open code cannot be applied to iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus because o2 are delaying the open code discount for iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus handsets. Is this true??

I don't see that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus is not mentioned in o2 open code discount terms and conditions - http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/o2-open-terms-and-conditions

Thank you,

Phone folk

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Anonymous
Not applicable
I started a thread about this a few days ago. I went in to my local o2 store and they didn't know if it was excluded or not lol.

When people say 'previous launches' they really mean the last launch. IPhone releases prior to last year were not excluded. And yes, you have a limited time to apply for the discount so it looks like we are out of luck.
Message 11 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's weird they didn't know !

It's on their own faqs page 😞

Possibly they didn't read or missed the memo !

Best scenario if the open code is a deal breaker is to wait until it's clear you can use it and then upgrade / take out the Refresh Contract.
Message 12 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just found out today that you can't use the code on iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus. Amazed as my colleague at work is on Vodafone - he's upgraded and they did allow the discount.

So I'll be cancelling my upgrade this week and moving to Vodafone. Don't see why you should be penalised for paying a premium price on your handset. Ridiculous. And then if this 6 months line is true, it means you can't apply the code anyway as it'll be more than 28 days since you signed up.

6 years of loyalty out the window it seems.

Message 13 of 85

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 14 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suppose while the network can get full prices paid on the contracts and iPhones they'll continue and then draw in those wanting to use an open code when they are included.
Message 15 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable
Today I received a phone call claiming to be O2, looks like my number has been passed by 02 to some marketing company, they said they will check with "O2 client services" and let me know if the code can be used now or not on ip6. The open code FAQ is clear that ip6 is excluded from open code. Will keep you updated as I asked for a email to confirm,
Message 16 of 85

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That should keep then off your back for a while slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 85

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

As someone who is looking to spend well over a thousand pounds over the next couple of years on a new iPhone 6, other providers are offering me my corporate discount on the new handset so I shall be taking my business elsewhere. Your loss o2.

Message 19 of 85

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You must do what suits you mate.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 85