cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6- PreOrder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick question regarding the iPhone 6. Will customers due an upgrade for their phone be given priority over pre-orders of the iphone 6?

Message 1 of 4,605
4,604 REPLIES 4,604

Anonymous
Not applicable

Placed an order online for the 6 on Saturday 13th between 11am and 11.30am, while O2's website said launch date would be Friday 19th September. On the Friday aftrenoon I received a text from O2 to say the Amazon Fire's launch day is 30th September, then later that day I got another text saying they sent me details of the Fire in error but that they do have my iPhone order but there was no mention about the launch day in that second text message. So I visited my local O2 store on Saturday (20th) to find out what was happening and I was informed that I probably won't receive my 6 until mid-October as the launch day is the 7th October! I ask why was that the third launch day I've now heard from O2 and they couldn't explain. And yet O2 already have debited my account. So it could be a month after I placed my order that I could receive the phone! Not necessarily a major problem, but what's frustrated me is the total lack of correct and cohesive information emanating from O2. I suspect the launch day of the 19th Sept was mentioned deliberately to gain as many pre-orders as possible, equating to lots of money for O2, but they knew full well the launch day of the 19th was a lie and they weren't going to send out phones until October. This appears to be a total and blatant mis-representation from O2.

Message 2411 of 4,605

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Just some info for those who haven't ordered yet - or even for thise just about to order!!

Just spoke to a live chat Guru about possible upping my iPhone 6 gb, and they confirmed that if you are after an iPhone 6 64 gb in space grey (which has a black front), you'll have a 2-3 week wait for delivery as they are currently out of stock.

However, if you opt for an iPhone 6 64 gb in silver (which has a white front), they are in stock and will be shipped out 'within 7 days'.

Just a heads up.................! wink

Message 2412 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been keeping an eye out on this thread for a few days now and have noticed that google searches for "iphone 6 pre order o2" no longer show up since Saturday.

I initially found this thread using that search term (Google caches it as a search) so I know it was working and I know I'm using the same search term, I wonder if o2 bunged google a few pieces of eight to get the results removed.

Still no contact from o2 over my Amazon fire, err I mean iPhone - pathetic.

Message 2413 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's interesting, as I was told by a chat representative that they were getting stock of 64GB 6 in grey today and that I'd "definitely receive it some time between this wednesday and friday". FWIW I ordered on the 15th.
Message 2414 of 4,605

Huntress
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous 

@Anonymous wrote:

Still no contact from o2 over my Amazon fire, err I mean iPhone - pathetic.

Ditto. I was wondering whether anyone would be receiving texts today - clearly not so far.....

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 2415 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also ordered on the 15th for the 6 64gb in Space Grey. Hope you are right.
Message 2416 of 4,605

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Live Chat is less than reliable.  Whilst O2 CS are inconsistent with their responses, they probably have more up to date information although as a caveat to that, I'm believing nothing until I receive my text sometime in the distant future! 

Life is just a game, the rules of which are only explained to us when the game is over.

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 2417 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I don't take what they say as gospel, but as it's all recorded if you do eventually go to the UK call centre they've got the entire log in front of them slight_smile then they're usually a bit more apologetic.

Anyway... the wait continues...
Message 2418 of 4,605

Anonymous
Not applicable
I heard others say that they are getting space grey iphone 6 64GB in stock today, but no idea if they have! I'd be happy to receive the phone this week! Still says in progress!
Message 2419 of 4,605

Huntress
  • 242 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Have you tried to call CS for an update?

MacBook Pro
iMac
iPhone X 256gb
iPad 64gb
Message 2420 of 4,605